Random Dozen...want to join the fun?? Head over to Linda's Awesome spot!
1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)
Print definitely! I don't think I can even remember how to do cursive anymore!
2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?
I think probably a bit more realist...I still love to have my dreams too though!
3. Billy Joel or Elton John?
Billy Joel....hey Linda, do I get points for knowing who both of these are this time??
4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not limited to horror flicks but also includes ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.
I CANNOT do the Saw movies....we watched the first one and I had nightmares for over a week. My husband rented the second one and I literally had nightmares just because the movie was in the house, I never even watched it!
5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?
I have two. Both involve my kids.
#1 When Bug was about 3, we went swimming at my moms, he had on arm floaties and one of those swim rings. We literally turned our backs for 30 seconds and he had managed to get those off and was under the water staring up, drowning. I still feel sick thinking about it to this day thinking that we could have lost him that quickly. It could happen that fast.
#2 When Lil Miss a little over 1, she was sick, running fever. A pretty high one, I called the evening on call nurse for our dr. office and she said give her tylenol, she will be fine. I had already done that most of the evening, it was just getting higher. My mom called when I hung up with the on call nurse, and Lil Miss was laying on her belly beside me in my bed and starting making really weird grunting noises. I thought she was playing at first. I rolled her over, she was having a full blown seizure. I panicked. I not sure what I would have done, had my mother not been on the phone yelling at me to call 911. She seized the entire time waiting for the ambulance and just barely stopped when they got here and then started up again with them whizzing her away to the ambulance. She stopped again shortly after but she did not become alert to us for close to two hours afterwards. The ambulance ride was awful, watching her strapped to the board, watching them try to get an I.V. into her baby veins. It was incredibly scary, watching your baby do that, and realize that it can cause brain damage and being told by dr. that if she doesn't become alert soon, they will be doing scans on her. Again, it makes me sick to think about this day. Hubby was at work and flew to the hospital as fast as he could. It all started by her having a ear infection and the seizure was caused by the high fever. It's never happened since and I pray it never does.
6. What word do you misspell without fail?
I ALWAYS misspell again, agian.....lol now which one is it...I can literally look at both of those and not remember which way it's suppose to be spelled!
7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at. I love to sing and dance! I truly don't have any talent for either!
8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?
Both depending on what's going on. I can honestly say that a little time with the hubby or the best friend and I feel better BUT a little time in a nice, hot bath with a book and I am a happy girl too! Today, I felt just better from a simple twitter, that was all it took for me to feel a bit better.
9. Have you ever been on TV?
nope10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)
Apple...yummmyyy or better yet an apple crisp! And come to think of it, I believe I got the recipe from Linda! I bet if you scroll back through her blog you could find it from around this time last year!11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?
none12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?
Patience....it's a new lesson every.single.day. Oh and not to scream at the stupid people driving on the road. That my dears, is a VERY HARD ONE! I think those two kinda go hand in hand with each other!

13 comments:
Oh my word. That is scary events with your children. I'm glad they are both okay.
I cannot handle scary movies either.
Question 12 was best! I think we all need to learn that. The easiest way for me to do so was first, when my kids started commenting in the same way at other drivers. Second, now that the oldest is close to driving, I'm having to model patience, understanding and grace. It's really hard on the road!
Love your answers. Hi. I came over from Linda's. The scary times you wrote about had to be horrible for you. I can only imagine!
I see we both have Patience to learn. I bet many people choose that one. :) Have a good day.
I loved your answers. Ditto on the kids part for #5. Same for me and one of mine also involved the pool.
Scary story with your little ones!
#8-A bath and a book...I said the same : )
Enjoy your day!
You have definitely had some scary events! I'm glad both your babies are okay!
I don't watch horror films. Period.
Patience... that's another good one!
Just came over from Linda's great answers...I think when you love something so much anytime they are in pain whether it be an illness or just a bad day at school it is kind of scary!!
Have a great nightmare free day!!
Amy
You were really lucky with both of your kids! I think I'd rather have something horrible happen to me than to them!
Fun answers. I think it is funny that once we become parents, the scariest things to us involve our kids. I cannot imagine the fear you felt in both of those!
Those are incredibly scary moments.
I don't do scary movies, either.
I can identify with everyone's relearned lessons so far!
Gurrrl, apple CRISP is my fave!
Kids... can make for the scariest moments in seconds. So glad everything turned out ok!
Loved your answers.
Well, I don't guess I should say I "loved" your scary moments! Glad the kids are okay. That's definitely heart-stopping for a mom.
#12 - lol - me too!
Very scary situations with the kids; glad it worked out okay both times.
Have a great week!
Post a Comment