Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Random Dozen

Want to do your Random Dozen? Head over to Linda's place at 2nd Cup of Coffee!


1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself?

++To be honest, not very often! More often than not I would rather just buy my kids something! Although, I have been eyeballing this one purse for awhile now and I'm thinking very soon it will be hanging very nicely on my shoulder!


2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it.

++Who or what is Hall or Oates??? Hmm....creative projects...I have been sewing like a crazy lady here latley! It's been a great stress reliever. I made pot holders last night with my excess fabric...turned out pretty cute, I'm just to lazy right now to take a picture for you!


3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right?

++Laughing so hard on this one! I remind myself almost daily that I:

A. Have a roof over my head
B. Have heat and air
C. Have beds for my kids

but yes, our house is too small! I really can't wait till the day that we get to buy a house that fits us just right!!

4. What is your favorite outdoor chore?

++Is there one? Really?? Hmm....I couldn't tell you because any sentence with chore in it shouldn't also have the word favorite!

5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not?

++Nope...gag me! I shall stay fat thank you very much!

6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride?

++depends on who I am road tripping with! If it's hubby, I would rather ride! If it's best friend, oh heck no! She scares me and I will drive!

7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit?

++hmmm.....will get back to this one another day....my brain doesn't want to think too much right now.

8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So ... how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it?

++I am the same way, I will leave and come back and then final just give up! Now, a book..it gets at most three chapters, if it's not happening by then, it's not going too!

9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates?

++There is a dirty one that plays on the radio right now that if my kids are with me it gets changed immediately but if I am by myself I really like it....not at all for what it says but I really love the awesome beat it has and it makes you want to dance!

10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you?11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob?12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life? (I hear people gulping and see them sweating in anticipation of how to answer this one.)

++I would say a 5, if we didn't have three small children, it would be an 8 or 9! Hard to be spontaneous though when you have schedules, school, football! We do occasionally just surprise them with spontaneous fun stuff though!

11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob?

++No, I don't believe so. I don't really believe in having to buy the name brands. I have a few things that I buy name brand simply because there is a significant difference but mostly buy the cheapest brand!


12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life? (I hear people gulping and see them sweating in anticipation of how to answer this one.)

++I have been trying to control my emotions lately!! I have been so up and down about having this surgery that I have been an emotional nightmare! I poor husband! He truly has been great in dealing with my and my crazy emotions!

9 comments:

H-Mama said...

My thoughts exactly on #4. ;) Great answers!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I love your answers!

Do you have a date for the surgery? Let me know.

Joyce said...

Hi...it was fun to read your answers. Your family is cute...I love the sister picture on your sidebar. I have two girls (nearly grown) who are best buds.

Enjoy your day!

Jewel said...

You make me wonder what your song is.... no title?? hehe.

What have you been sewing?? I bought this beautiful saree fabric that I would have loved to make a bag out of, but I never have attempted and I chicked out, and finally just covered a bulletin board with it. :( It is a great looking board though!

PS: I think little boys in glasses are next to the cutest ever!

Susanne said...

Purses are the one thing I have a hard time passing up if I see one I like.

LOL to #4.

Kim said...

#3 made me smile, 'cause I remember when we had two little ones and lived in a tiny space. Claustrophobic on rainy days! LOL

#6 made me LOL I prefer to ride and that was my answer but I hadn't thought about who was driving -- I know some pretty scary drivers!

You have a happy and very pretty blog. Have a great week!

debi9kids said...

OH! I really like these questions and learned so much through your answers :)

I don't buy name brands for food or drink either unless, like you, it's just way better. I tend to buy store brand of everything.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Purses are a big splurge temptation for me.

You young whipper snappers and your no knowledge of Hall and Oates concerns me.

#3: Great answer

What is that song? Pokerface??

glam R baby said...

hey girl!! Sorry...totally my fault!! Its working now!!

XOXO
Noelle

www.glamrbaby.blogspot.com
www.glamrbaby.com