Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Oh the struggles....

I am trying to have a positive attitude. I am actually doing pretty well considering. The considering part means, my van broke down on the way to take my final exam today. The exam that can't be taken another day. They think it might be the transmission. Ha! We can't replace a transmission right now, that is unless God who I know can work it out makes a way for us to be able to replace it. As of right now, it's not there. I am praying that it's not the transmission. We should know tomorrow. I did get to my final and it was honestly by far the hardest, longest final, I have EVER taken and that's saying alot! It was for Spanish and it took 2 1/2 hours to finish it. I didn't understand much of what was on there. I again am praying, to just pass. To pass so it doesn't mess up my financial aide. My computer is messing up and the power cord got a cut in it, so I am having to take it back this weekend and see what's going on. I am hoping the warranty covers the power cord!!

I am thanking my husband though for his good thinking and keeping his old clunker car for emergency for this exact reason because we aren't stranded completely. We definitely are a two car family because of hubbies work schedule! I am soooooo glad he kept his old car!

It's honestly a selfish struggle with me right now. It's hard to not want a nicer house and a nicer car, yadda yadda but I have to remember that God didn't promise me everything I ever wanted, he promised he would put a roof over our head. He has and we are truly blessed in everything we have! Living in today's society makes it very hard to not want more than you should though! I am working on it! He is showing me what matters and what doesn't!

So, today I am praising God for what he has given me and that is soooo much! I have a beautiful family and great friends and many, many other things!! I will be praising God for taking care of me today on the road when it could have been a bad situation. I am thanking God that we are all healthy and happy! Struggles will happen, it's a part of life but I am learning to lean on God during those struggles! I am a work in progress, Lord!

2 comments:

debi9kids said...

It's always good to look for the silver lining... glad you found it.
Blessings!

Us said...

I'm praying things work out for you!! It is a struggle to not "want" more, I know! But I have grown over the years and I am so very thankful for what I do have. I love what you said...God didn't promise us everything! That's so true!

Our truck needs a new motor...it's actually the truck our son drives. Not a huge deal but he does work, etc. So he is having to find rides. Does it make you feel better to know you are not the only one... Big HUGS to you!