Thursday, January 15, 2009

Writer's Workshop Thursday

It's Writer's Workshop again.....here's Mama Kat's rules..

Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, Go see Mama Kat and add your link in the comment section!
The Prompts:
1.) Describe your significant other's most attractive quality (on the inside).
2.) Tell about a time you stole something.
3.) Choose a poem you like. Take the last line and use it as the first line of your own poem. (creativewritingprompts.com)
4.) Write about a scary encounter with one of your old professors.

I want to do number 1 and 2!

1.
The most attractive inside quality of Big Daddy, I would say his giving heart. This man will do ANYTHING he possibly can to help someone who needs it. He is that guy that stops on the side of the road when he sees someone broken down. He does not care if he has plans or it delays him, he will do what he can to help. If a friend is in need, hubby is there if he can do anything to help at all, he will try. I love this about him. I love that he cares so much!
And I have to also say he has another quality that is right up there with his giving heart. He is very honest. You might not exactly want to hear what he has to say sometimes but he will be honest with you whether you like it or not. I don't always like what he has to say but I do love the fact that he is always very honest about everything and to everyone.

2.
A time I stole something. Hehehe.....I can remember when my brother and I were little, we were inside a grocery store sitting on the bottom part of the basket (back when they had that huge space that kids could sit on!) and my mom stops by an aisle that had candy on it. Well, there was a roll of Rollo's candy and my brother grabbed it and we just started eating it and my mother never realized it until we were in the car leaving. Ha! You better believe we had to go back in there and tell them what we did and my mom paid for them. Wow....I can crack up laughing now but I still remember that feeling of her marching us back in there to confess up to what we did. Whew...and being in trouble with her the rest of the day. That stunk!! So, now to this day, anytime I see the Rollo's candies, I just remember that day!!


So, join in the fun and head over to Mama Kat and choose a prompt or do them all!!

6 comments:

Jo-Jo said...

Rollo's vs car. You win. LOL

Jen said...

My hubby is brutally honest, too, & I LOVE that! There aren't enough people like that anymore!

LOL about the candy! My mom would have done the same things if we'd ever done that. We were always too scared to do that... too scared of what my mom would do! LOL

Anonymous said...

I think it's funny how you started out your story of theft with hehehe. Your hubby sounds wonderful and I'm glad so many of us are with these great guys.

KatieZ said...

Love the Rollos story! That is too funny! Your hubby is really great too! Congrats for that!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Tabi, those were 1. Sweet and 2. Fun answers to the prompts. I gotta remember to try this!

KatBouska said...

My hubby is honest too...I usually like that, sometimes not. Sometimes he stops and say, "Is this one of those times I should tell you what you WANT to hear??"

Rolos sound good...

Now I'm hungry. Thanks a lot.