Saturday, September 13, 2008

Update from the Jerk...lol

I just wanted to update everyone one that read my Jerk post....things are going really well. We aren't sure how long the stay will be as the hurricane hit last night. We are praying that the area they in live wasn't effected too badly and that their home is safe and other family members are safe. We have really enjoyed getting to be with all of Big Daddy's family at one time as that never happens!
I took the advice from a friend and from Linda from 2nd Cup of Coffee and changed my attitude a bit about the whole situation. You know through all of it, with the brother-in-law staying I know that my husband looks after us above all and if the guy was to do anything, he would be out of here.
I really started thinking about it last night and we are always suppose to be striving to be like God and that's one thing I always read about in the Bible is God's love for ALL people. Who am I to treat this guy like scum. I don't like him but it doesn't mean I have to treat him badly either. They need us right now, they are worrying about losing the home, their belongings, and some of his family stayed behind so now he is worrying on whether they made it through it or not. So, we are praying. I am going to love on this family in their time of need. The kids have gotten so big since the last time we saw them! We only get to see them about once a year so they are huge now! Their daughter turned into a teenager and their baby boy is no long a baby boy! It's amazing to see how much changes so fast! Nothing has been said about the past and I am praying for it to stay in the past. I'm going to have a better attitude and enjoy all the cousins playing together and enjoy my sister-in-law and hubby picking on each other!
Thanks for all the encourging comments about this! I really appreciated! Sometimes you feel the way you do and you just need to get it off your chest before you explode! I did and now I'm better!

Also, sorry to all you out their who I haven't been commenting back on your post! We have just been so super busy that I have time to read the post and that's about it before I crash for the night! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of you!!! You enjoy that time with them:)

Jo-Jo said...

I have no idea how I missed the previous story on the Jerk...but I did. I went back and read it and it honestly reminded me of somethings that has went on in my life. My hubby never beat me or ever came close, let me just say that now...but we REALLY went through a rough spot when I was prego the first time. I was really hard for my family to forgive (and I am not sure they will ever forget) but it means a lot to me that we can all get together and have fun now.

I am telling you all this because I am sure your sister~n~law feels the same way. Remember God is bigger than all things...including this.

tiarastantrums said...

you are such a good family!