Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sometimes I can be a jerk...

Not sure why my blog post for today went back into draft mode but here it is agian....okay please no throwing fruit in my face!

You know what's hard? When your feeling all stressed from everything that you have to do and feeling overwhelmed and then you act like a jerk about something that you completley shouldn't be a jerk about. You should just keep your mouth shut because even though the situation stinks really bad and you don't want to deal with it you have too and if you don't it makes you look like an even bigger selfish uncaring jerk.
I'm not uncaring, I promise, I'm not! I am overwhelmed and stressed. I want the situation to be not a situation. But the worst part about it is, I feel like a jerk!

So, what the heck am I talking about...oh it takes a long story! A few years back my husbands sister and family(hubby and two kids) came from houston to live with us. They wanted to be closer to her family and to get them here and settled and back up on their feet, we let them stay with us. Needless to say the entire thing did not go over to well for lots of reasons. The biggest one and why they moved out two months later and went back to houston, is because her hubby is ummmm lets just say a liar. To the extremes. Well, an issue occured, agruing occured, then I walk into my laundry room to find hubby shoving wife into a corner by pinning her agianst the wall. I went NUTS! I do not stand for that and never will, no matter who or what the situation is. I immediatly called my husband who was at work and said to get home now. He did...bigger explosions occured (no more violence though) and his sister and her husband and kids decided they were leaving. What was really decided was that her husband couldn't attack her without us exploding on him so they had to leave. He didn't like that we interfeered in OUR house.
So, lets just say long story short, they left, nothing we could do about the kiddos going back with them, couldn't stop it, even though we know he is physically harming his wife. We did talk to the kids before they left and were told that they were never touched. Just didn't make things any better though, we didn't want them going and begged his sister to just stay with us, we would help her and the kids till she got up on her feet. She left with him. And took the kids.


So, I'm telling all that so you know why I am being a jerk now. That was a few years ago. Do I think that man has changed? Not one bit. Do we still talk to them. Absolutley because she and the kids are our family. We love them. The promise was made a few years back though after they left that he would never be allowed back in our home. She and the kids could come anytime but not him. So, understand my suprise when we got a phone call yesterday saying that they was wondering if they could come stay with us because of the hurricane they are being evacuated from Houston. Well, here comes the part where I'm conflicted and a jerk. I do not mind them coming to stay, they are family and they need us. A family I believe should always be there for each other, but I do not want that man in my house to stay. It was not good last time. I don't want it agian. I know that I am horrible for being ugly about this. My husband doesn't like him one bit either but he is seeing this in truly the fashion of we are needed, is there really a choice? He's right, I can't see myself coming right out and telling them no. I did tell my lovely Big Daddy for no absolutley no form or reason would we be putting up with any kind of arguing, fighting, ANYTHING! I won't do it.

So, that is why I am a jerk, we also are just extremely busy this weekend so that's why I feel all this extra pressure. I am really praying about the whole situation. I need to have a better attitude about the whole thing. I am trying not to be a jerk. So, please don't trash me in comments for being a jerk! Lol..I'm trying not to be! I also know this is extremely private situation that I shouldn't be talking about to the worlds but I feel if I don't vent it somewhere I will explode! And I have come to love all your comments, prayers, and advice out there!

4 comments:

JWilson said...

I don't think you are being a jerk at all. If someone ever touched my sister like that my husband would kill the man before I could so he is lucky he was able to leave your house the first time. I do think that if you want your SIL and the kids to be safe during the hurricane you have no other choice to let him stay but you should put stipulations on that, like no fighting or he is out on his butt.

I'm sorry you are going through all of this and I will say a prayer that it turns out ok for everyone.

Jen said...

I think you are totally normal to have all the feelings you are having. I would feel the same way & would also have a hard time letting someone like that in my home. I'll be praying that things go well & you are able to make it through this!

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I think we all have "jerk days"....but I do not see you as being a jerk on this one, I think I would be reacting just like you, really!!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Well, if you were going to look on a positive side, you could say that you and your husband could possibly be a good influence on them, esp. the man. This has to be hard for him, too. You are really in a hard place.