Have you ever counted your loads of laundry that you do a week? It just dawned on me why my water bill is so stinking high! I roughly have 2 loads a day then add in the towels I wash after two days that is a load of towels every two days right?!?! That comes up 17 loads a WEEK!! ONE WEEK!! That doesn't even count the sheets, blankets, and all that extra stuff like that which I try to alternate every week. I do kids linens one week and then ours the next. So, can you imagine what my laundry room looks like when I don't do laundry everyday!!!
Yes, this is random but I just couldn't believe it when I started thinking about it! No wonder I feel like it's a never ending job! Because it is! So, how many loads a week do you do?
Update: I am glad to know that I am not the only one out there that lets their clothes sit folded in baskets for days on end!! And I agree that whites are the worst and I HATE matching socks together, although that's easier since I started buying socks for each of us that have different colors on the bottom by the toes!!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
The job that never ends.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Me? Loads of laundry? Pssh!
My maid comes over and does that for me!!!
hahahhahahahahaha, in my dreams!
I practically live in my laundry room, THAT should be the living room 'cause that's where I live, lol.
These are my loads
1= hubby's work clothes
2= my blue/black clothes
3= whites (i hate 2 do whites!)
4= all colors
5= girl's pinks/reds
6= girl's blue/black clothes
7= towels
8= towels
9= towels
bedsheets?!?!? do those really have to be washed??? what the...
Thanks Tabi!!! You just added a tenth wash to my list, geesh!
=0D
(btw, not random, pretty interesting to know what others wash, lol... the never ending cycle!)
I am right there with you. I do two loads a day and every other weekend I do linens. Add into that the towels and the accidents that soggy diapers sometimes cause and walla! High Water Bill!
I HATE doing laundry... mostly its the folding and putting away that I loathe.
My laundry list looks almost identical to Solei's! I probably do 10 loads a week, too.
argh - don't get me started
AND winter is comin g- SO more clothes, more layers, hats and boots and wet clothes!!
I'm with Shannon - the folding is the worst!!!!!!! My baskets will sit for days after I have completed the laundry - the dirty laundry sitting on steps getting higher and higher!!
I detest laundry. Do they HAVE to have clean clothes? I do 2 or 3 loads a day. For socks I have a basket (it sits in my hallway) they need socks they match a pair. Thankfully most of Ian's crap goes to the cleaners. I wish I had a laundress.
Thanks for the question. I am going to do an entire blog post on it. Yep, I am a boring mom!
OMG get outta head, would you?!?!? LOL I was thinking about this earlier, I swear I am super anal about the laundry, for some reason I cannot stand the thought of it piling up in the hamper, so I tend to do it more than most people. Seriously, my husbands X wife only does it once a week?!?!!? How is that possible?!?!?
But I will say with having to wash the boys' football uniforms & gym uniforms...it does make me feel the need to do it more often too!
Oh and I thought I had mastered the sock issue, I bought Griffey black socks, and Reese white ones. Uh...yeah, didn't work. Reese crams his big foot into Griffey's black socks, apparently those are the style?!? Freaks! LOL
My hubby hates it the most when I hang the stuff straight out of the dryer on the rack in the landry room, but then they never quite make it to the closet. Well that is until there in no more room to hang:) He actually had to hang me a bigger/sturdier rack on the wall because I hung to many clothes on the last one and it fell off the wall!!
this is my list and there is usually more than one load of each
darks
lights
whites (stuff I bleach)-these will sit in the basket for DAYS.
oh and the linens for 3 beds
Then there is when I forget to take the load out of the dryer and it gets all wrinkled so I take out all the stuff that doesn't matter and then retumble the wrinkles out of the stuff that does matter.
I just started recently putting Abby's clothes in with everyone elses, not sure why I waited so long?
This reminds me there is a load waiting to go into the dryer-DANG IT but the boy has gotta have baseball clothes tomorrow.
Post a Comment