Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I would rather run/jog/sit on my booty than walk....

I don't think I ever realized until tonight the difficulty difference between fast paced walking and jogging/running. I am doing an Intro to Wellness class for school. It's a preresquite for my degree. We have to walk a mile (we are not allowed to run or jog), doing forty sit ups in a minute (chiropractor won't allow me to do this part...darn the luck!), and another excercise that I don't know what it's called.

Well, let me tell you....that mile walk STUNK BIG TIME! I kept wanting to jog to relieve the pressure off my shins. They were killing me! I can jog twice as long as I can fast walk! I found it very strange! With running I might get tired/winded but with walking my calves and shins and ankles were killing me. It doesn't help that my shoes are years old and in desperate need of a trash can! Well, they found that trash can tonight! I left class to meet my hubby and kids for dinner and made them all go to the shoe store first! I told him under no circumstances will I continue to kill myself! The shoes have been an issue for weeks now but tonight was it! I am a frugal person and it about killed me to spend that much on shoes but it should be worth it! It does help that they are super cute too! Might as well have some style too! This is where I would usually be showing the picture of my super cute shoes but my legs hurt too much and I refuse to move!! So, they are pink and grey and white....just imagine the cuteness for me will ya?!?! Oh, and if your wondering aobut the back issue, it's still there but since I got adjusted a few times it's a little better. Running/walking/jogging hasn't seem to bother it too much...mainly an issue only when lifting or bending.

2 comments:

Nik said...

Eeeouwch!! Yeah fast walking is really hard to get get comfortable with.

I can't wait to see pictures of your shoes. We were looking for tennies for a friend yesterday and we were commenting on the price...they are so expensive!

LOVE the new look of your blog!

Becky said...

Mine are pink and grey and white too. LOL! But I only walk as fast as my two year old. :-p