Every year since Bug has been in school when they have done the day of the kids getting to see the inside of fire trucks and ambulances, Bug has never been able to actually see the inside of the ambulance. Every time his class would have their turn the ambulance whould be called away on a emergency. Every single year. The hubby was not aware of this so when Bug happen to mention it last week of course daddy came to the rescue and had me bring the kids up to his work.
I believe that kids have a hero worship even more so of their daddy now than they did before. They think he is sooo cool! They loved getting to check out the ambulance and asked him a million different questions. I was actually suprised at some of the questions they had, they are all so curious, I love it! They checked it out from front to back, listen to the horns, and lights. Then the lead paramedic had hubs do a 4 lead ekg on them and they got to see a "picture" of their heart beat. They were amazed by that and have been walking around with the print outs so they can show everyone. I love how excited kids get.
Then we got to experience the life of being the family of a paramedic because on our way to eat dinner with them, they got called away on call, then came back to only get called away again! The kids were not so happy about that. I told them that is the job and it's bound to happen. They all agreed that people shouldn't get hurt or sick when daddy is trying to eat! I laughed and said that's just not the way it works!



1 comments:
What fun for them!
Post a Comment