Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Table Topic Tuesday


The Nuthouse
What bad habit of yours would you most like to break?

I have a bad habit of over booking myself and not being able to say no

to people. There are obvious times that I know I can't do it all or nor do I want

to do some things but a little bit of pushing from certain people and I will

find myself agreeing.


It is actually something that irritates me to no end because I will finally

say no can't do it and then others will push the subject and I will budge.

It irritates me that it doesn't bother other people even though they know

it doesn't want to be done. In the end it's my own fault for

not standing my ground.

The few times I have ended up absolutely standing my ground, I end

up looking like a witch and that makes it worse.


What is your bad habit?

5 comments:

Jane In The Jungle said...

That is a tough one!!! Although I have found it easier to do the older I've gotten:)

Shannon said...

Same here. It's so hard to say "no" and then not feel guilty!

Fiona said...

I hear you. I used to have this problem until I really looked at myself and asked myself why I always said yes to things that I didn't really want to do. I realised it was because I wanted people's approval and admiration. So that helped me to overcome it. Good luck!

Unknown said...

I hate to hear this :( It's probably because they have become so reliant on you saying yes. I say keep standing your ground, place a limit on the number of activities each week or month that you take on, and when you hit your limit, say no or prioritize. Hopefully overtime, those peoples will back off and you won't feel so guilty. Family first. always :)

Brandy said...

I know exactly what you mean! Even when I say no, I always feel guilty and then worry about it getting done. Problem is that if I (or you) do it all then no one else ever steps up. :(