Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Random Dozen

My favorite part of the blogging week! Come join in at Linda's Place!


1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?
Honestly it depends on the type of sick...I am usually okay with just about anything unless it involves my ears. My ears hurt then you better believe I am extremely grumpy, fussy patient!

2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction?
This one depends on how much my kids have argued that week...if it's been alot then I am not happy because cooped up grumpy kids make for an extremely grumpy mother!

3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?
You know how some people have their houses spotless ALL THE TIME?? Well, that's not this house and I wish it were but for a stay at home mom, I am kinda never AT HOME!

4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day?
nope

5. What song is on your mind today?
Lady Antebellum-Can't Take My Eyes off of You....I LOVE this song! One of my favorite right now!
6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?
No specific preference

7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room.
I am pretty good at this, usually the only tell that something is up is that I just get extremely quiet...have to order to keep my mouth shut and not explode. ;)

8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.)
He has these gorgeous eyes that initially had me saying, "wow" and then his ability to make just about anybody laugh at any given moment pretty much sealed the deal and he has this perfect smile to go with his gorgeous eyes...love it!

9. When was the last time your heart raced?
Since this is the Valentines type post, I guess you mean like lovey heart raced not the oh my heavens my kids just fell and hurt themselves heart race. ;) I can honestly say that my heart still races anytime the Big Daddy looks at me smiles and winks at me! I LOVE it...

10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school?
I always remember bring the shoe box to school and decorating it in class...I loved that!

11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?
Valentines day or not, if your going to give me candy, I prefer Snickers or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!

12. Red or pink?
Red
Thanks for stopping by today! I will be out so I will be coming by your spot later!

9 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Reese's all the way baby!

Thena said...

I think everyone must have made Valentine boxes from shoe boxes. I had almost forgotten about them, my youngest daughter is in 4th grade and I can't remember her making them.

Joyce said...

I missed the point on #9...romance for some reason did not occur to me : )

I enjoyed reading your answers...have a great day!

SouthLakesMom said...

I agree with the SAHM never being at home! I'm getting a lot done this week with the snow keeping us home!

Angie said...

Don't know if I know that song...maybe I do and just don't know who sings it. I'll check it out.

# 8 - "eyes" again! Lots of us think so and humor seems to rank high, as well.

Just finished a Snickers, thank you! Love Reeses too. Good choices.

Mocha with Linda said...

Amen to #3 & 39! Fun answers.

Bud Fisher said...

I love "Can't take My Eyes Off You"! You did a great job here. I did it for the first time at http://wtit.blogspot.com. Have a great night.

Nel said...

I love #9. Enjoyed your answers!

until next time... nel

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Reese's! Girlfriend! Thanks for playing, Tabi. I've missed coming around here, but I've been an equal opportunity offender. I'm a slacker. Anyway, good answers.