Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Random Dozen

One of my favorite post of the week is Random Dozen...if you want to join in, head on over to Linda's for the fun!

1. Which physical trait do you now accept--maybe not love, but accept--and no longer feel extremely self-conscious about?
My teeth...I still have the awkward braces on but just knowing that by this time next year they will be off and be looking good makes me happy! Even though they are painful and no one forewarned me of that!


2. This week Meredith Baxter Birney, best known as the mom on the favorite 80s sitcom "Family Ties" came out of the closet, which led me to formulate this question: Who do you think is/was the best TV mom?
I always have to say that I LOVED the mom off of Family Matters-Harriet....she was a "don't you mess with me or my kids" kinda mom and I think that is a real world kinda momma!

That or Lucy from I Love Lucy because she was so scattered brain that it portrays alot of moms (like me) that tend to forget things even more once they have kids!


3. Do you speak any foreign languages? Are there any you'd like to learn?
This is like a joke to me, I am currently in my second semester of Spanish in College and still could not tell you anything in spanish BUT I made an A last semester and hopefully will get another A this semster.


4. Who is your personal hero?
Okay I have several that I get inspiration from..

First- My husband...this man works incredibly hard ALL THE TIME for US...I mean he is amazing and I couldn't imagine life without him and so very proud to call him my husband and an AWESOME role model for my kids. He isn't a man to shy away from anything, the man that has never claimed the "man" role by saying he wouldn't do household stuff.

Second- My mother, her strength and support is simply amazing. She has always been there for me through good and bad. I know I will always have her by my side.

Third- My grandfather, he fought a big battle against cancer years ago, he was given 6 months to live and went on to live 3 years. He never complained even when he had ever right too. He was amazingly strong through it all.


5. What is one holiday food that you find extremely difficult to resist over- indulging in?
my aunt's turkey dressing which I learned to perfect this year...it is wonderful and I can't ever get enough.


6. Tell me about a Christmas decoration that has special meaning or sentimental value.
All of our name ornaments...I have mine from when I was born and I bought each of my kiddos one, then we all went and got daddy one with his name years ago because he didn't have one. Those are my favorite to put on!


7. How do you feel about snow?
I'm good to see it like once a year or ever two years. I am not a winter girl, it's nice to see it every now and again but not one to want it every day of winter...bleh!


8. On average, how many hours of sleep do you get each night? Not that I'm jealous of any number over three or anything.
the average for me is four...I don't sleep well, haven't for years so now when I do get more than four or five, I feel bleh all day, like it's worse when I get more sleep.


9. Tell me about your first crush.
the first one I can really remember was in 5th grade, I remember being silly crazy over him but I was geeky so I never got a second look! It's funny because I can still remember his name was Brian.


10. You're stuck in a room for 2 hours with only a chalkboard and chalk. What will you write/draw?
I do not draw well at all so I will probably draw mindless doodles all over the board if I even feel the need to do anything because I can't stand the feel of chalk on my hands!


11. Do you dress for the current temp or for the day's forecast?
Now that is something that is really annoying by living in Texas...you never know how to dress! It may start out extremely cold only to end up really hot by days end so I usually dress in layers so I can take something off! Unless it's summer and then you try to wear the least amount of clothes as possible without looking like a skank!


12. Favorite Christmas movie is?

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey...my ALL TIME FAVORITE!!

0 comments: