1. Gingerbread: For or against? Discuss.
Honestly have not a preference either way!
2. Is it important to you to always stay (live) close to family?
Very much so!
3. Which holiday pretend character do you wish really existed?
Well, Santa Claus of course because then maybe I wouldn't be shelling out the money for these presents! Hahahaha....
4. Which holiday movie best represents how you feel about Christmas or life?
Oh Geez I don't know, I watched one on tv the other day that was a good one to relate to I guess, the lady dreams of a better life with an ex that she sees that is now rich and when she gets that dream she realizes it's not all that awesome anyways so she just wants to go back to her hubby and her girls. Atleast with her hubby and girls, she is financially struggling but still very happy with them. I can relate to that because sometimes we all wish things were easier and other people sometimes look like that have it all but the grass isn't always greener on the other side...sometimes I wish the financial end of things would be easier for us but NOTHING could make me want to not have my family just the way it is!
5. Is there a particular Christmas song that you're enjoying now? Any that you're tired of?
Silent Night is always one of my favorites and any of them they get all opera sounding and loud really annoy me!
6. What is your favorite way to remember those less fortunate at Christmastime?
We have always done an Angel from the Angel Tree
7. Does it upset you to see "Xmas" instead of Christmas? How about "Happy Holidays" etc., instead of "Merry Christmas?"
The Xmas does bother me especially if they are putting it that way because they are just to lazy to right the whole thing! I understand not having enough room somtimes but i you do, right it correctly! The happy holidays doesn't really bother me because not everyone believes in the same thing and although we might believe and want them to, they don't and it still doesn't offend me to hear them say happy holidays.
8. How many Christmas programs are you attending this month?
Not that many this year, just my daughters program at school and we always do the candle light service at church on Christmas Eve.
9. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Any chance of that dream becoming a reality?
Gosh no, I haven't any desire to see snow this year because in Texas it's never really snow but ice and slush and it's just cold, wet, and miserable!
10. Tell me about a Christmas present you received as a child. Pics are always nice.
Okay so I had a great childhood and always had awesome Christmas's but I honestly can't think of any specific present received, I just mainly remember every year before opening our presents we made Monkey Bread with my mom and the we spent the day at my Nana's house which is something that will be different for the very first time this year. My Nana decided this year to let my aunt do the Christmas instead, it will be weird not being at her house on Christmas! The Monkey Bread thing is something I know do with my children though!
11. How many Christmas parties are you attending this month?
That's another thing that has been pretty low of this year because of our crazy school schedules and hubby's clinicals, we just haven't been able to do it but there will be one aside from Christmas day activities.
12. How do you keep yourself centered on the significance of Christmas?
You know honestly in years past, we haven't been centered on the real reason of Christmas and I am working really hard this year to be focused on the right things and teach my kids the real meaning of Christmas.

5 comments:
Oh, if only Santa would take care of the gift wrap too!
I love your #3!! Hahaha!
I know I've said this before too but your kids are incredibly cute :)
Mmmm, monkey bread. You've given me a great idea.
Silent Night is one of my faves too.
Santa would be a great guy to have around this time of year...or an elf or two!!
Amy
Fun list! LOVE Monkey Bread! I started making that as a Christmas morning tradition a few years ago...YUM!
I think I saw that movie. Hallmark or ABC Family?
Post a Comment