Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Random Dozen and an Update

A quick update before the fun stuff. I have overall been doing very well. The evening are always tougher pain wise than the day time. I did start to feel really bad and in pain again last night so I went to bed hoping to feel better this morning. I'm not. I am in a fair amount of pain but also extremely nauseous to go with so I am really, really praying that I am not about to get sick on top of everything else! I also, from the beginning, honestly did not believe that it would take the entire 6 weeks to get better. I am beginning to learn from two other women who just went through the same thing, that it does indeed take that long. That stinks!!


Wanna join in? Click here. Enjoy!

1. Tell me something about your favorite teacher.
Hands down it was my junior and senior year English teachers. This was during the time that I was pregnant with Bean and then had Bean and was going to school. The endless support from these women were awesome! They helped me through so much and I genuinely LOVED their classes!

2. Tell me about one pivotal moment in your life.
Just one? Really? Gosh that's hard....let's go with one that changed my life forever but I don't really ever tell anyone. The summer I was 19. I remember still going back and forth with Bean's dad. He was in the military and couldn't decide if a family is what he wanted or not. I remember being incredibly confused and pissed at him. One minute he wanted us, the next he didn't. Why I put up with it for so long, I couldn't tell ya. During one of our "off" moments, in strolls the Big Daddy into our lives. He really was just a flirtation that I thought would end fairly quick. Well, obviously it didn't! I just remember at one point, Bean's father asking me to come to California to see him but in my heart I just didn't want to anymore. Even though I was not to know how serious Big Daddy and I would soon get, I just knew it wasn't in my heart to keep trying to make it work with Bean's dad. So, I remember the specific day where I had to make the choice (remember I was young and so very confused) whether to take another chance and go or just stay home. I chose to stay home. It was a hard decision because I knew what it truly meant. I was choosing not to make a life with my daughter's father. I can honestly say that it was the best decision of my entire life. Not just for me and but also for him. We would have ended up hating each other beyond repair. This whole time, Big Daddy was patiently waiting in the background, not pushing, not giving me any trouble if I did want to go but I knew if I went, he probably wouldn't be here when I got back. Not because he didn't want to be with me but because I probably would have given bean's dad another chance. I stayed. I'm incredibly glad that I did.

3. About favorite colors--a lot of people will ask you what it is, but I want to know why it is. What feeling or memory does it evoke?

I really have to stray from this one, It's not colors for me. It's music. I can here specific songs and just be instantly pulled back to certain moments in my life and remember every detail. The good and the bad. The sweet or the sad.


4. What's a sure sign that you're getting older?
That fact that I am starting to deal with a pre-teen attitude and not the one with the pre-teen attitude!

5. Please don't sermonize, but Halloween--is it a yes or no for you?
Yes, we love it. Not for the evil or the creepy but for the kids. They love getting dressed up, going on a hayride with my family to trick or treat and then cooking out with them afterwards! We love all the festivals and just the general getting together with friends and family that it brings! And don't tell me you don't LOVE raiding your kids candy bag at night when they are asleep!

6. What's your favorite musical?
Once upon a time I would have said hands down Grease but I also LOVE Hairsprays too and would love to see it in person!

7. Are you more of a city mouse or country mouse?

Really, do I have to be a mouse? Because they really creep me out and here in the country we have WAY too many of them!!


8. Did you know that it is possible, for a small fee, to name a real star after someone? (It's true! Google it!) If someone were to name a star for you, would you appreciate it for its whimsy and romance, or would you say, "Are you kidding me? For $19.95 we could have gone to the movie and actually bought popcorn."

I think it's sweet. My best friend's mom did that for her son that she lost and they did a awesome shadow box of the map of his star and some pictures of him in it. It's incredibly sweet.

9. What's the craziest thing you've ever been doing and texted during it? I only thought of this b/c I was about to try to text during my walking video but I didn't.

I guess taking a bath because I nearly dropped my phone in the water. I'm not a crazy texter so that's about as far as it goes!

10. "It's not a party unless _______."

My husband is there. Seriously, this man makes for a fun entertaining evening!

11. When you're stuck in traffic or a waiting room, what do you do to pass the time? PS: There are no magazines available.
Play on my phone of course! Well, or feel the need to pull my hair out because I usually have children in tow who feel the need to act incredibly insane just because I asked them to keep it down!

12. If you weren't yourself, would you be friends with you?
Probably because I LOVE other people who aren't afraid to stand up for what they believe and not try to spend their lives acting like someone who they are not.

4 comments:

Pam from alertandorientedx4 said...

I'm praying you're feeling better! I loved your answers and have decided that I must get an iPhone or iTouch so that I'm not so bored or deprived. Right now I use my husband's old 3rd generation iPod that weighs in at about 2 lbs...

Bekah said...

Ok, so first, feel better! I've had 2 c-sections and it was way worse than I expected! Second, I admire your honety in answering #2. You were so young to make such a monumental decision. Good for you for following your heart and instincts! Third, your comment about too many mice reminds me of chasing them out of our basement when I was little (I grew up on a farm). When I was a kid I thought it was a hoot, but now I think, eww! gross!

Susanne said...

Grease! How could I forget about Grease. I think I saw that thing 15 times the year it came out. And I'm not exaggerating.

Hoping you feel better soon!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Tabi, loved the answers, esp. learning a little about your life regarding #2.

Have a great weekend with Mr. Right!