Thursday, March 26, 2009

Minor Prayer Request

If your look for Writer's Workshop...look below this post.

I almost feel silly for asking all you ladies (or guys...if there are any reading this!) out there for prayer over this but it's really got me down today.
We have been battling Staph infections for years (and I literally mean years) in this household, they have really started to not appear near as much but just last week Lil Miss had two small ones on her bottom. They are gone now and didn't get too bad. They are EXTREMELY painful though and I mean painful, I tell people that we know that have had kids get them, to be extremely patience, that their child is not overreacting...these things bring my husband who never ever cries to tears. They hurt!

All that to say, I have one in my nose...yes in my nose, I can't get to it to open it up and let the infection out (I know, it's gross but that's how you get rid of them plus antibiotics). I am in ALOT of pain, my entire nose and upper lip is swollen, the left side of my cheek and eye are starting to get the pressure from the swelling. It is causing a headache too. I have spent the morning watching cartoons with Lil Miss because I literally haven't felt up to do much else.

Anyways....me rambling again...will you please pray for me, for all of us, for these things to stop coming. It's one thing for my husband and I to get them but to see my babies get them breaks my heart. I am just asking for complete healing from all of them for everyone. We do everything that we are suppose to in order to get rid of them and they just keep coming back. I know this might sound silly but it's really a big deal around here. Thank you so much for your prayers.



*** I realize this post is probably one long run on sentence...I too blah to fix it!***

4 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Tabi, I really, really get what you're talking about, even though with us, it was cankers and not staph. Staph does sound worse, as we never have to open our sores, for goodness' sake! Oh, the searing pain that brings you to tears. My little girl used to lie on the sofa as quiet as a mouse with tears pouring down her face. She got them as big as dimes in her little mouth. They almost sent her to a research place. I will be praying for you all, sweet girl, for you and your fam.

The Drama Mama said...

Oh my, girl! Praying now! I can't imagine!!

Elizabeth said...

How awful! I'll say prayer for ya now! ;)

Joy said...

Have you gotten a second opions on them, or seen a dermatologist?

Wyatt had what started as just a couple bumps on his leg back last summer/fall. It spread to MANY bumps on his legs I took him to his ped and he told me what it was but gave me no real answer other than it is very common and can take 6mths to a year to heal. Well I did research and found it can take 5yrs for the virus to be gone and that is after it can spread over their entire body.

I took him to the dermatologist and got another opinion yep that is what it is but we can fix it. he is almost 100% healed with only maybe 5 bumps at his last visit last week. It took 3 visits every 2-3 wks but OMG it is healed and so much better, they hurt him really bad and would get infected.

What he had is called Mulluscum Contagiousm we think he picked it up from a boy we played baseball with it is Very contagious the kids were not to bath together. Abby got a couple on her leg but I think we nipped them in the bud-I hope