I cannot even begin to fully express all the thoughts running through my head at the moment. I almost put out a post Monday night over how mad I was. Do I have the right to be mad, I'm not sure but regardless, I was mad. I didn't post it. I couldn't. I couldn't get the words out. It hurt to much to put it out there. Two days later, I am even more beyond words. My heart aches. A very close family friend died this morning from cancer. We were told she had a month to three months to live on Monday. She got two days from when those words were spoken. I was angry with those words on Monday, her family needed more. Today, I think we would all be happy to have simply those three months, not the two days. It all happen too fast, just too fast. This wonderful lady was my best friends grandmother. Her and her mother have taken care of and lived with her most of their lives. These three were as close as anybody can get. They were ALWAYS there for each other. Those three ladies are three people that I love dearly and am very close too. They are devastated and my heart is in pieces just wishing that I could do ANYTHING to make that hurt go away. My best friends mom lives just a minute down the road and I went and visited last night and took dinner to them. Nana was sleeping, just got home from the hospital that day. Talk for a while with Mimi(best friends mom), she said I know it's coming soon but I just ask for her to be here through Christmas. To receive the phone call at 10:30 this morning to Mimi hysterically crying, I knew. She was gone. She had just died about 20 minutes before hand and Mimi could only cry. I with her. I have spent the day with them trying to do anything I can to help. Her daughter(my best friend) now lives two hours away and just simply couldn't get there fast enough for herself and her mom. My best friend is devastated because she was moving back here to be with her in these last days. She is devastated because she didn't get to say goodbye. The other woman that helped raised her, her entire life, was gone. My heart aches for them, please if you will just keep this entire family in your prayers. They have lost a mother, grandmother, and best friend. They know she is no longer suffering but they suffer.
I am rambling. I needed to get this out. I keep thinking about my friends four year old daughter who asked her mom "so I will never see my Nonnie again?" The whole thing just hurts and it just wasn't enough time. Just please pray. I'm am not an eloquent writer and can't get it out quite right but I know by saying please pray, you understand, just please pray.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Heartbroken
Posted by T at 10:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm sooo sorry!
I will be praying for you and them.
I am praying for them and you.
I am so sorry! You & your friends will be in my prayers!
Oh, Tabi, I'm so sorry! How sad for everyone! I will be praying for you and them. This has nothing to do with this but I caught my breath at the end of your post when I came to "Nonnie"...My mom passed away 2 years ago and that is what we all called her. Love, Keli
I'm so sorry for your loss! I will keep you all in my prayers!
Oh, Tabi... I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. And sorry I am late to get here, but you are in my thoughts...
Post a Comment