Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Games

After this post, I will be only 8 short posts away from having 200 post!!! Let me tell you how wild that is by stating that I've only had this blog for 7 months!! Whew....I must really like to Ramble On huh??!?! Hehehehe!

So, have you finished your shopping yet? Big Daddy and I finished the last bit of the kids shopping we had last week! He took a day off work for us to finish it up while they were all in school and Lil Miss was at MDO. It was such a nice day but I tell you what, Big Daddy is worse than ANY kid out there. Let me state that we only needed ONE toy to buy for Bug and ONE outfit for him. Also, a few little stocking things and we were DONE with the kids. So, can you tell me how we ended up with remote control cars for all three kids, a board game for each kid, and another small toy for each?????? That man is crazy!!! Lol....so he states while we were shopping...."it's good that at this time of the year we aren't rich or else I would go nuts buying all kinds of stuff!" I wanted to say, "ummm, honey were no where near rich and you still go nuts buying all kinds of stuff!"
It was a very fun day though that included some great Mexican food! Yummy! Now, we only have our parents to buy for and we truly are done and NO he does not get to go do that!

Now to tell you the tortures thing we did to our kids!! Hehe.....growing up my mother always put codes on our presents so we never knew whose was who. It was always a game trying to figure out the code and if we guessed it right then she would tell us. Well, we decided that Bean and Bug were big enough this year to start the fun!! So, we sent them to their room (Lil Miss was napping) to watch a movie and not to come out till we said they could. We wrapped their presents and they knew what we were doing. They finally come out all excited to see which presents were theirs and to shake them!!! Hehehehe....I just laugh thinking about it! Only to their dismay there isn't any names on them but numbers! 1, 2, and 3. Each number represents one of the kids!! So, now they keep going back in forth trying to figure out whose is whose!! So, much fun!! This years is really simple so we told them that we wouldn't tell them until Christmas morning but I can't wait for the years that I get to do cool codes and watch them try to figure it out!!






Bean assumes she already knows whose is whose because of oldest to youngest....hehe....she thinks she is 1, Bug is 2, and Lil Miss is 3! She has Bug convinced of that too!! I knew she would think that so I didn't do it that way!! Bean is 3, Bug is 1, and Lil Miss is 2. Doesn't this just sound like so much fun?

Is there anything fun like this that you do to your kids around Christmas time. Do you torture your kids about know what there presents are like we do?!?!?! Oh, How I LOVE this time of year!!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

What a great idea! I love this!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Neat game!

Joy said...

My hubs goes a bit overboard every year also, we finished them Sunday it was nice we shopped then had a late lunch then shopped some more then went to a movie!! it was so much fun.

I am waiting for a package from mpix with some pictures for the grandparents and we will be done, I have to go to the post office today to get a package in the mail before it costs me $4000 to get it to VA before xmas.

I only put a few small things under the tree before xmas and the Santa stuff gets wrapped with special paper that is just from him

JWilson said...

That is an awesome idea!

We don't really do anything like that. I actually don't put any of their presents under the tree untill Christmas Eve because I still can't trust them to not open them.

Jo-Jo said...

My son thinks my house shoes are Christmas shoes cause they are red and green and he wants them so bad. I found him a pair of green ones...I almost went ahead and gave them to him today!

debi9kids said...

How fun is that idea! ( I bet if I did something like that i would forget who was who. LOL!)

And, nope, not even close to being done my shopping. Makes me want to cry!!!!

Us said...

Great idea! We wrap a few things and then Santa brings the rest Christmas Eve!! xo Keli