Friday, November 7, 2008

TGIF!!! And some prayer request

I am so glad it is Friday!! So, extremely glad!! Bubbling over with joy!! Can you tell?? Whew...this has been such a long week and I feel like I can't keep up with anything. I hate being sick and I am there. One minute I will feel fine, the next I feel like a ton of bricks hit me! I am looking so forward to this weekend! We don't have any big plans and will actually get to stay home for once! I LOVE watching my kids play soccer but I am ready for the end of next week for their last game! I think everyone around this household is already ready for Christmas just to have the break!
I do have a few prayer request though...please! My sister-in-law got laid off from her job yesterday and is not dealing with it well. She had been there for 51/2 years and is devastated. The company has had alot of lay offs but it was still a shock for her. My brother just left out of town for a new job so they are both just very worried about the whole situation. They do have enough in savings to get them by for several months and that alone is a blessing but like any normal person, they are worried. She is truly trying to trust in the Lord and His plan for them but it's hard when you live in the uncertainty of life. She is a planner and she said she wonders if this is God showing her she can't always plan her life. She is definitely trying to follow God's lessons for them. She is an amazing women and I just ask that you please keep my brother and her in your prayers.
Another prayer request is for the lady I have told you about before. She is my best friends grandmother and has cancer. She is in alot of pain and battling it as hard as possible. She is still working and that is alot on her but on the other hand she is afraid to stop working because she is afraid that is giving up. Please just keep her in your prayers for some relief from the pain she is feeling. This lady is so awesome! It breaks my heart to see her that way.
I went to bed last night and was praying for the various request I have come across on blogs and it really hit me! How amazing is it that we can come together through a blog and have such a huge prayer chain! Proof of this is in MCKMAMA's blog! If you have followed her story....how amazing is that!! The power of prayer!! How awesome is our God!!
There is another blog that I would like you to go visit if you haven't come across it already. I went to school with this girl and her sister. Her sister was actually in my class but I know both of them. (we went to a very tiny Christian school!) This girls little baby boy was diagnosed with leukemia back in March(I think). He has currently had a blood cord transplant. His mom is amazing! She has this amazing faith that just speaks to alot of people I'm sure. I have a link on my sidebar for Baby Ethan. If you haven't see it head over and take a look and keep him in your prayers!
Thank you out for all those out there praying for all these different things! I really appreciated it! I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!! I will be trying to catch up on some post and comments this weekend!!

3 comments:

Jo-Jo said...

I lost my job back in 2002 after being there for 7 years. I thought my world had ended. I understand what she is going through but God will be there to not walk with her but to carry her. I will keep them in my prayers as well as all the rest!

debi9kids said...

I will check out that blog for prayers. thanks.
I will add your sil and friend to my list of people to pray for.
Sadly I know a few people who have been laid off or fired this past month. very difficult.

Mc Allen said...

Yes, I just love hearing about the power of God, thank you for asking for prayer!! I'm off to check out the blog you mentioned, have a great night!! LA