Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Night to Remember

Come enter my contest here!


This weekend started out with one awesome evening!! And one long, horrible night.

We go to the same church festival every October and my kids LOVE it! They have carnival rides, 10 different bounce houses, mini carnival rides, petting zoo, games, food, music...it's just awesome! This years festival was I believe the most amazing festival so far. This has been the first year for all three kids to really be involved in all the rides. Lil Miss completely came out of her shy shell and had the time of her little life! She rode all the kiddie rides much to my amazement and had a huge smile on her face through everyone! I will admit that I got teary eyed several times because it's really hitting me how big she is truly getting! The other took also took a step up and got to ride one of the "Big" rides, Big Daddy and I had to ride with them and let me tell you....We somehow got old along the way and very nearly lost our stomachs!! It was worth it to hear my kids screaming with joy on that ride though! I also got so choked up when my mom decided to take a picture of us and I realized that for the very FIRST time ever, we weren't holding Lil Miss for a family picture. She stood there in front acting like the big girl she is. Ahhh....my little baby is gone and grown into a little girl! :( A night full of memories though that I don't think I will ever forget!



Oh but there is always some bad to go with the good in our lives!! We got home and in bed about midnight. I finally fell asleep a little after 1AM, only to turn around and wake up at 3:30 with Lil Miss throwing up and severe case of diarrhea. This came completely out of the blue and it broke my hurt to see her that way. She proceeded to spend the next 6 hours on my chest trying to sleep in between sickness. Not fun.at.all. I got up at one point to get a towel and turn around to watch her collapse to the floor. She was just so weak she couldn't even stand. We finally got to sleep around 8 in the morning. She had a pretty rough day but after taking a nap this afternoon, she woke up a completely healthy child again running around the house like crazy!

Oh it amazes me how those kids just bounce back up! I on the other hand am a walking zombie who for some psycho reason can't seem to get to sleep! Our plans of going to the pumpkin patch and having friends over got cancelled and I can honestly say that I was relieved for that! We are going to try again for the Pumpkin Patch tomorrow!! I am just praying that nobody else manages to catch what Lil Miss had. I am thank God that she is feeling so much better!

And because Blogger is being evil right now, you only get the one picture!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Yay for the tear jerking night of memories but Boo for the sick baby. It always happens that way doesn't it... everything is great then... blech. I am so glad it was anything too serious. Have fun at the pumpkin patch.

Becky said...

Oops... i was reliving your night and I realized my typo... I hope you know I meant WASN'T anything too serious. :-p