It's Writer's Workshop Thursday and Mama Kat has our assignment ready! You better get to working....go HERE to find your prompts.
So, I never really listen to directions all that well in school, guess I haven't changed much....I am writing my letter to SOMETHING not someone that I miss!! I didn't think I needed to write a letter to the one person I miss or I would cry more this week and believe me that's enough crying for now!
Dear Great Non Stretchy Jeans,
Oh my dear non stretchy jeans how I miss you so! Where did you go? I can't find you anywhere anymore! I don't like all the new jeans these days that practically show off my crotch and rear end. Why do they think we need to see these things. Skinny or fluffy, I don't care, I just don't want to see those things! I miss jeans that I didn't have to wear belts with no matter what size I buy because they are so stretchy by the end of the day they are falling off! What happen oh dear non stretchy jeans to the normal jeans that don't cover my belly button but also don't show my crack? What happen to you dear lovely Arizona Jeans that I used to love so much that didn't drive me wacky? I have searched every store for you. You left me with a pitiful replacement! Why is it that when I buy four different sizes none of them will fit right? Shouldn't one work?? Even when they start out too tight they end up falling off! I am not happy. I miss you perfectly fit non stretchy jeans. Please come back soon! I'm desperate!
Your,
Lovely Customer Who Misses You Dearly,
Tabi
Seriously, am I the only person out there sick and tired of these stupid jeans that stretch so much they fall off your booty by the end of the day?!?! I don't care if your skinny or big...doesn't matter they FALL off!!! ARGH!!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Writer's Workshop Thursday
Posted by T at 5:10 PM
Labels: Writer's Workshop Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
You are so funny! I am loving your letter..
I miss my stone-washed and acid-washed jeans, along with my electric blue Oakly windbreaker, and my black Reebok high top sneakers, and the blue comb I put in my pocket every day in high school, and my high school soccer jacket ... sigh.
I'm there with ya sista...they do strech out and make me look bigger; I need custom fit jeans...anyone know someone who can make some jeans for me HEHEHEH
First off, I *luv* the direction you took with this letter. 2 funny!
Secondly,omg! omg! omg! me too! I thought it was just me, it's you too! I feel us bonding, lol. I so seriously hate that too! I put on my jeans and they're too tight, or sometimes just right, but towards the end of the day, they look too big on me. I seriously thought it was just me.
That's why I love reading blogs. You discover you're not the only crazy out there, lol.
=0D
Your a riot!
Not that is funny and oh so true!
Ok, that was a seriously funny letter! And while my jeans never actually fall off, I am constantly hiking them up by my belt loops! Hate that!
Oh a good pair of jeans is hard to come by!! Darn you for losing them!!
And I love where you took this letter too. Way to think outside of the box. :)
Jeans? I gave up jeans after my third baby. I gots me some niiiiiice mom sweats. ;-)
OMG Girl Im right there with ya! Can NEVER find the right pair of jeans anymore :(
Oh, THANK you for taking this topic and making me cry tears of laughter instead of sad, weepy tears! You are one funny chiquita!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the direction you took with this letter. (I was contemplating writing a letter to a place I missed) I agree with the jeans observation, as well. A couple years ago at the Gap, I literally had a melt down and yelled, in the middle of the store: "It it too much to ask for a pair of jeans that will contain more than half my pelvis?!?" (super low rise jeans were in then) Nobody responded. They were glad to see me leave.
love this writer's workshop! I can't wait to do one! And yes, I HATE those jeans except for the fact that I can usually convince myself that I lost a few pounds during the course of the day!
Post a Comment