This is something that I wrote last week, thought I should post it now!
I was driving down the road yesterday and it's storming...the rain is pouring and it's making it hard to even see the road. I really hate driving in this weather because I just feel all tense and anxious about it. It's hard to see, you don't know if your going to hit a patch a water and just spin out of control. Years back that happen to my sister when her and her husband where driving in a storm and they got in an accident. I was riding with my mom years ago and in this case it was icy out and we got hit by another car because they hit a patch then they couldn't control their car and hit us. So this really explains my anxiety when I get in the vehichle in bad weather.
I not sure why it hit me so much yesterday but I am driving in the storm and suddenly I'm thinking about how life is just like driving into a storm sometimes. I think back over the past several years of my life and think there were quite a few times that I wasn't sure if we were going to make it through that storm. I wasn't sure if we hit another patch that we weren't going to just spin out of control. We're we going to hit that patch and crash? I honestly think a couple of times we did crash but we did what most people do after a crash. They pick themselves back up and keep going. You know when you get in an accident sometimes you have to heal from your wounds. Sometimes you have to buy a new car or fix the one you have but you know getting on that road agian you take a chance of crashing agian. It's just part of it. You keep on with your life. You can't one bad crash discourage you from all the greatness around you. You don't let one crash stop you from driving on.
We survived the rough times, we've made it through those times and been stronger because of it. We know that those rough times can and probably will come back but we keep on going. It's part of life. You keep on keeping on! You have to pick of the pieces. Sometimes you can put those pieces back together, sometimes you can't. Sometimes you have have to just start over.
I don't know if any of this is making sense but it just struck me so much yesterday driving in that storm that we have been through lifes storms and sometimes we have crashed but either way we have not let it destroy us. One of my favorite songs for a long time has been "Praise you in this Storm" by Casting Crowns. I love it because it's saying no matter what we go through...no matter how hard it gets, I will praise you Lord, I know you are right here with me no matter what. You are not going anywhere. You are here in the good and the bad. You are always with me. What a comfort that is! What an awesome thing! When the storm is over you have bright sunny days. You have happiness. Through each storm we have been through I can still recall all the great times too! The great out weighs the bad. The Lord is there. He's holding our hands, better yet he's holding us!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
The storms of life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
lovely post - thanks for reminding me of what is most important -
loved your blograma - your family looks FUN!!!!!!!
That is absolutely beatiful and what a metahpor (did I spell that right...where is the spell checker)
It's sooo true and we are on that road now, we have been through bad times and great times you just keep going...thanks for the great post!
Oh this applies to me in one way then one. This was a great post. And to tell you how much I loved it...go see what I left you on my page!
Post a Comment