(a pic from a few months ago but this shows perfectly what she thought of today!)
One kid in this family actually takes after me but let me tell you right now, it's not such a great thing! Lil Miss had her open house for her "school" (mother's day out) today. See was not happy.at.all. Not one little bit!
Now, I knew she wouldn't be all happy about it to begin with because this child does not like strangers and I don't mean as in just shy. She really doesn't like people she doesn't know. She has real issues with it and her doctor recommended me putting her in a mother's day out program. I knew it would be tough but what I honestly thought was like any other child out there she would stop crying when I left and start to play. I was mistaken. She cried and cried and cried and then she finally stopped crying and just laid on the floor the entire time. She was only in there for about 30 minutes while the parents had the meeting. Her first full day is tuesday. It will come with dread.
When I came back into the room to get her, she was laying on the floor and she just looked at me. I said, "are you mad at mommy?" She said,"yes". Ahhhh break this momma's heart. We we got back in the car, I asked her if she had fun and she said no. I asked her if she wanted to come back next week? I'm willing to bet you know what she said to that....a big fat NO!
The wonderful ladies there said don't worry she will get used to it and start wanting to come. What they don't know is that she is apparently truly my child and it took me three years to stop crying about going to school and I cried and kicked and screamed every single day. I don't lie....call my mom! So, I guess I am getting what I deserve!! Paying for my raising!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Paying for my raising
Posted by T at 12:16 PM
Labels: lil miss, mother's day out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH NO!!! My oldest had problems with drop off for the first few weeks. It was REALLY tough on me but he would snap out of it after a minute or so. I hope she does the same. GOOD LUCK!
oh dear! that sounds awful. My kids can't wait to get away from me when I drop them off somewhere. They run away saying, "leave now mommy." And I'm left standing with my arms open waiting for hugs good-bye. No such luck.
Its a different story when I leave to do grocery shopping on my own though. They all chase me to the car blubbering as if I'm deserting them...puh-leese!
Post a Comment