Oh the frustration! I will state right out front that I LOVE our children's doctor. I refuse to take them to anyone but him. He is AWESOME! BUT right now, I am floored! I am confused with his actions and want to scream!
I took Lil Miss to the doctor this morning for her blood work that she was suppose to get done when she turned two (that was back in June). They were also suppose to check her blood for food allergies because she is allergic to something other than milk(we already knew that one) but we can't figure out what the other thing is.
So, I get in there and the lab lady says that he in fact does not want to do the food allergy test because she is so young. I was thinking okay who cares how young she is! She is allergic to SOMETHING that I can't figure out! So, she says he wants us to start a rotation diet of foods. Okay. Fine. I can do that. If all else fails and we can't figure it out we will come back for the allergy blood test. Well, then she says and I'm not sure what other blood work he is wanting, then she ask if I know. I tell her we are suppose to get the blood work done that they do at two. She said well we only do one type of blood work at 2 and that is only if they are on medicaid insurance b/c the state requires it. She says you aren't on medicaid so you don't need that. Okay?!?! I tell her well he keeps telling me that I need to get her blood work done because it should have been done it June.
We wait for him to get into the office and she goes off to talk to him. He says there is no blood work to be done?!?! WHAT????? Why then am I here? Why then did I just drive 30 minutes to do blood work that I was told we needed to do then be told basically I'm crazy and there is no blood work needed?!?!?!
ARGHHHH and I'm lost because the last two times we came in he said he wants to check her vitamin counts or something in her blood b/c she is allergic to milk. He wanted to make sure she was getting everything she needs because she had lost so much weight the last time we came in! So, I tell her this and she says well he doesn't want any blood work done.
ARGHHHHH! So, I left and by the time I got home I decided I should have talk to him myself! I left a message for his office for HIM personally to call me. So, now we wait. Going to get to the bottom of this. Not sure if he was getting confused with another patient or not but I know I'm not crazy and imagining these things he told me! And like I said he has always been so super awesome that all this is completley shocking me. What is the deal?
BUT on a happy note! Guess what came in the mail today!!
The book I won in the contest from Melissa over at Stretch Marks! I am so excited to get it and as soon as I'm done with it I will be passing it along through another contest!! Woo hoo!!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
I know I am not CRAZY!!!
Posted by T at 11:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
oh - I just realized that I left my comment for this below - sorry
I have been there. Different situation, different doctor...same outcome. I think they go crazy every once in awhile and then lead us to believe that it is we that are crazy! **side note** I love my kids doctor too!
that sucks big time!
just like drs to think they can waste your time. since YOU'RE not a dr, YOUR time is not as valueable as theirs, right?
geez, louise!
I'm curious to know what he tells you when he calls you!!!
Let him have it, ok?
=0D
I'm so sorry Tabi. It stinks when there is some sort of miscommunication going on. I know that they check for iron in the blood as a regular test but if the child is healthy otherwise sometimes they skip it. Since your little one had lost so much weight I'd think he would want it checked. Hmmm... nobodys perfect... unfortunately Doctors are human too.
Mine once left me in the main waiting room for 40 minutes WITH ALL FOUR KIDS only to send his nurse out to tell me he had to leave early and couldn't make my appointment. I love him for being a great Doc but WHAT THE HECK!?!
I am pretty positive they did some blood work on Abby at her 2yr check up, I think it was just a finger prick but still something was done.
oh I hope i win...maybe this will be the 2nd book in my life i finishh hehehehhhehe
Post a Comment