Saturday, July 19, 2008

Tabi's Chicken Enchiladas

Here is a recipe that everyone loves around here, I am constantly asked to make it from family and friends, so I thought I would give here too.

You Need:
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pkg cream cheese
1/4 cup salsa
1 can Campell's pepper jack cheese soup
milk
shredded cheese ( I use the mexican blend)
Creole (to taste)
Tortilla's ( I usually get the 20 count pkg)


I cook the chicken in a little bit of water in a skillet with creole to season it.
Chop up the chicken into tiny pieces.
In sauce pan, cut your cream cheese into cubes and add the salsa, melt on low.
Mix in chicken to cream cheese mixture.
Now, spoon the mixture into the tortillas, as little or as much as you want to each tortilla.
Grease at 13x9 pan and place tortillas in.
In seperate saucepan add milk to the pepper jack cheese soup. (I don't really know how much milk I add, just enough to make it soupy to cover the tortillas.)
Pour cheese soup over the tortillas and add alot of shredded cheese over that!
Cook in oven about 20 minutes to melt the cheese.

I know my directions probably aren't the best but this came from someonelse recipe that I have completly changed into my own.....don't think anything is the same anymore but the chicken and cream cheese!

I double this recipe for my family (there is 5 of us) but mainly just so my hubby can take some to work the next day!

Also, I usually serve this with guacamole and spanish rice.

If anyone out there tries this let me know! Enjoy!

0 comments: