Friday, October 15, 2010

Quiet Friday Night

I am taking a rare, quiet evening in tonight. I worked most of the day on homework and now the kiddos are in their rooms playing very nicely with each other. It's a pleasant change to be honest. The Big Daddy is working a 48 hour shift so we won't see him till Sunday morning. I am missing him tonight but know that he works so very hard for us. I have truly been blessed with that man, I can't even tell you the love I have for that man.

Things have been a mess lately. Physically and emotionally it's been a roller coaster. We knew this semester would be tough on us but didn't realize just how tough it really would be. We are taking it day by day. As a couple we have had to make sure to enjoy the small amounts of time we get together. We have been having what we call mini dates which I thoroughly enjoy! Most Wednesdays are our days together, we get older two kids to school, take Lil Miss to her preschool, and then enjoy a few hours together before I have my afternoon class. The hubs takes me to school and works on school work while he waits on me. I can't tell you why I love this so much but I do, it's been nice to have those few hours to ourselves every week. It doesn't matter if we study together or go hang, it's just being together, just the two of us.

The kids are adjusting well to the new pace of life around here, the only time they seem to have issues is when hubs is working a 48 hour shift, that last evening before he comes home the next morning is when they are all insanely crazy to have their daddy home!

I appreciate the prayers you ladies sent my way a few weeks ago, I had hit a wall in every way. Trying to adjust to the new schedule and to be everywhere for everyone all the time was just too much. I was sick and just extremely exhausted. It's gotten better since then, I'm learning that sometimes you just have to say no. And then had to tell a few people that I'm sorry I can't be there at every event or catch every phone call but I do appreciate having them in my life. I just have to focus on our activities right now. It took me melting down to realize that it's not bad of me to focus on myself and my life. I stopped feeling guilty. (or well still working on that one.) I had to look at things and realize my life and school is very important too and need to focus on that right now.

There is another situation that has been a struggle lately, without going into details for now, this situation is something that is going to affect our future and the uncertainty of it keeps me up into the wee hours of the morning. I pray and try to believe that everything will work out but right now everything is so unknown that I simply stress about it. This is a situation that I can't seem to truly talk to anyone about because I just don't know where to start or how to explain the worry I have about it. Big Daddy and I have discussed it but I try to not to bring it up much because of the stress it puts on him, he's already dealing an inhumane amounts of stress, I refuse to add to it by letting him now how worried I am. So, with all that said, and I honestly I know how hinting to something but not saying what it is annoying, but could you keep us in your prayers. I will try to get it out in another post soon.

Also, I will try to be posting some "normal" post again soon! Thanks for all of you lovely ladies who are still hanging around here!

1 comments:

Fiona said...

I really feel for you.
Please find someone you can talk to, or get a little notebook and write it down at least.
Thinking of you.