Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Random Dozen


To join in this weeks Random Dozen just head on over to Linda's place!


1. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being a cranky-baby-hissy-fitter, how much of a complainer are you?
I'm high up there, I would say about 7-8....didn't realize how much until I work on that as apart of a challenge to myself and realize how often I do have to catch myself from complaining about something or someone.

2. When someone else is talking, do you listen, or are you thinking about what you're going to say in response?
I do both I think, most of the time I listen but if something they are saying triggers my thoughts on something then I am thinking about that too!

3. I just deleted 1062 messages from my email account. Do you have any plans for a clean sweep this month--of anything?
I have been doing a clean sweep of our house, going through each room and getting rid of alot of stuff we don't use. Clearing out the clutter so we don't have to worry about it when we move.

4. Tell us about your perfume. Was it a gift? What does it remind you of? Do you have a signature scent?
I cannot use perfume of any kind because my allergies are so bad. My are bad enough that even my closet friends don't put perfume on when they know they are going to be around me. I really get irate with the people that drown themselves in the perfume because then I have a hard time breathing!

5. What is your best organizing tip for the new year?
THROW STUFF AWAY! I mean seriously if you haven't used it in a year then either give it away or throw it away!

6. What is your favorite comic strip?
this is pathetic, I can't think of the name of it but the one with all the kids on it and the mother usually ready to pull out her hair.

7. Do you sleep with a fluffy or flat pillow?
completely flat...the Big Daddy is the same way

8. What color is your kitchen? Why did you choose that color?
it's a mocha color trimmed in burgundy....I found these two American flag picture frames that are darker than the normal flag and I loved them so I painted my kitchen around that!

9. What’s the most interesting bumper sticker you’ve seen?
I have seen a bunch that really make me laugh but can't think of them at the moment.

10. Do you prefer an expensive writing tool or whatever is lying around? (Are you a Montblanc or a Papermate?)
I just use whatever I can find which is usually hard when you have three children plus a husband that always steals them.

11. What chore doesn’t feel like a chore – you just enjoy it (at least most of the time)?
I love to mow...yes you heard me right...I love mowing. It's relaxing, I put on my music and get to work!

12. If your parents often repeated themselves, what is something one of them said more than once?
My dad talks about his time in the military ALL THE TIME...I mean really ALL THE TIME!

6 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I love your #1.... :)

quilly said...

#3 & #5 -- me, too!

We're moving from Hawaii to Washington State just 28 months after moving from the mainland to Hawaii. We knew we were short time here and lived a pretty minimalist existence. It really wasn't difficult in a way it is very freeing.

Not having "stuff" is the easiest way to keep it organized! It is also the easiest way to keep the house clean and the bank account healthy.

Mocha with Linda said...

#5 was my answer too!

And #6 - would that be Family Circus?

Pam from alertandorientedx4 said...

I would come fold your towels if you would come unclutter my house. Really.

Angie said...

Flat pillows! Not too many people answered that way, but I have several extended family members who do not like my fluffy ones!

Mowing!!! Best answer!

Cathy said...

I don't mind mowing, well as long as I can do it on a riding mower. lol