Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wine Wednesday

I am so very excited to be invited by Just the Girl to co-post with her today for Wine Wednesday! I have been trying some of her recommendations of wines because I never know where to start when I am buying! I also am not every great at explaining taste so bear with me I am a beginner! Make sure you head her way too and check her views over the same wine!


This weeks pick was Fetzer Gewurztraminer:



"Savor our Earth-Friendly wines, as good for the planet as they are on the palate."


I honestly picked this one because a lady at the store showed me it and said it was really good plus it was earthly friendly organic. And I love buying stuff that's organic!


I really enjoyed this wine...it felt really light but still had a little bit of what I call a wang to it. The only thing I did not enjoy was actually eating our chicken meal that night. For some reason it just didn't taste right with our food. So, if I am to buy this again it will be for a before or after dinner drink.

3 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I wanted to try this one...I am going to keep looking for it. Does it have a fruity take at all?

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

I love Gewurztraminer!! Nice and sweet, just the way we like them. :) Our very favorite, though, is the St. Michelle Riesling. Similar, but not as much "wang," as you call it! :)

MommyLisa said...

Gewurztraminer's usually are not great with food. Riesling's work much better with food - Sterling is an EXCELLENT choice, but Chateau St. Michelle always has nice wines for a great price too.