Monday, September 7, 2009

Overload, Overload, Overload....grab a cup of coffee or something good!

I keep thinking that I don't have anything to post about but I really think what the true problem is that I have soooo much to post about that I don't know where to start so then I just don't do it! I am going random once again!

We did have a great weekend! We got to enjoy dinner out with a huge group of friends on Saturday and that in itself is a rarity. Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera so I don't have anything to show ya.

Hubby started his EMT Basic classes this past week and he is sooo excited about it all! The instructor told him Thursday that the class that evening would be the most boring class out of them all and Big Daddy was not bored at all so that is encouraging! He is ready to hurry up and get to his clinicals! I am soo excited for him! I am in constant prayer over this. We have had several people be downers on the whole thing so it's nice that so far, so good!

Bug is loving football, aggravated when he is not at practice! He hates school...truly hates it. He is bored to tears. I am hoping this gets better soon. His problem is that I put him in the schools Pre-K so he learned everything in Pre-K that they teach in Kindergarten, so he had to learn it all again last year. Well, with it being the beginning of 1st grade they are review K stuff so he is just beyond bored. He comes home everyday telling me how bored he is and that he knows his letters and what sound they make!! He cracks me up to hear him say it but I really hope things pick up soon!

Bean on the other hand is LOVING being in middle school! I still can't believe that she is old enough for middle school, lockers, A/B days, and switching classes! It's crazy. She is sooo happy about it. Her biggest disappointment though is that she can't do music right now because she has her dyslexia class during music and they won't change her schedule to be able to participate in it. I, too, am frustrated with this because that is her big thing! She LOVES to sing, and they are doing choir now. Other than that, she is doing awesome!

Lil Miss, well she is the same Lil Miss but with a bigger attitude! That child is definitely my wild child! I've been working with her this past week with pre-k stuff and am absolutely floored at the things that she already knows that I just didn't realize. She is definitely picking up alot from her older siblings. I asked her if she was missing her bubba and sissy while they were at school and she says, "NOOOO!" Little toot is loving having her mommy all to herself! I tell people all the time that I think she thinks she should be the only child! She is a kid with two siblings but has what most call "only child" syndrome!

Sooo that leaves me, I guess! I am doing good. Exhausted to be honest, battling a chest/head cold. School is kicking my butt and I am only into week two of it. It just managed that I have two of my harder classes this semester and the other two aren't really hard but just lots of work. The schedule with hubby being gone two nights a week isn't actually a big of a deal as I thought it would be. Once the kiddos are in bed, it actually gives me time to study, clean, and just get stuff done.
I think my biggest issue right now is that I am NOT sleeping. And I don't mean I'm only getting 5 hours of sleep, I mean I get maybe two hours of good sleep before I am back up again. My mind won't shut off. It's the juggle of knowing I have so much to get accomplished and only so many hours a day to do it. I've been doing alot of praying during this time. Talking to God, asking him to show me which direction we are going. What decisions should be made, are the decisions we've already made, the right ones? Trusting in Him here lately has been a big struggle but I've been doing my best! Soooo many things have to be decided by December/January that I just feel anxious about it all.
I am thanking God though for the peace that he has given me about hubby's career choices. For so long, I was so up and down about it that to suddenly have this huge calming peace in that area is a huge relief. I don't feel like it's weighing me down like it was and I feel like I can be the truly supportive wife that he is going to need to finish this.

I do know one of my biggest downfalls right now is that we have been so incredibly busy that church has gotten pushed to the curb and that is NEVER a good thing. I always see when I struggle the most is when I'm not going to church. I miss it and have been consistently praying for the right Home church to come our way.(or I guess I should say we come their way!) We have been going to a church lately that we like well enough but I just feel like it's not "our" church. Does that make sense? I haven't been to church in three weeks though and I miss being their. I miss having that weekly fellowship. I just told hubby thought, that after this past weekend, we are taking our Sundays back. We are about to start saying no to all the extra stuff and get back to enjoying our Sundays together as a family. I think during this chaotic time that it is much needed!

Anyways....past the serious stuff...did I tell you that we got to go to the American Girl Doll Store today? My best friend has a little girl (Let's name her Giggles for the blog!) who is two years older than Bean and they have been best friends too. Well, it was Giggles birthday this past week and all she has wanted for the last two years is an American Girl Doll. Her mom finally broke down and took her this year. It was interesting to say the least! I am not into all that jazz and neither has Bean but we did have a good time. It was fun to watch Giggles get so excited about it all. What a neat store that is but the frugal Momma in me just can't imagine paying that much for a doll although, I guess what you are really paying for is the experience because Giggles was truly a happy, happy girl today!

So, I wrote a book today, if your still here...thank you for hanging around! If you could just still keep us in your prayers as we still have a few big decisions to make before the first of the year and we truly want to make sure we are doing the right thing. One day soon, I will be fully open and honest about it but for right now, I want to make sure we follow God's direction for us!


Seeing as I am down to like a once a week post these days, I hope everyone has a splendid week!

2 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I can so relate to the not sleeping...my mind is always going!

I got the dresses and they are so AWESOME! Little princess will model them tonight and I will do a post this week! Thank you so much :)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Wow! How do you take time to breathe??