What an eventful day we have had!! It all started with us going to Bean's softball game which the lost in a tie..by one run. Agh! They played soo good though! It started to rain on us there but we made it through!
We run some errands and then get home to be lazy and watch some movies.....yeah ummm....I didn't do so well with that! It hurts to sit for too long but hurts to walk too, so needless to say, I was restless!
I decided I was going to start making the girls some dresses! I have had this fabric forever to make these dresses for the girls only to realize the fabric I had wasn't wide enough for these dresses so instead, I followed Hollies directions for these dresses and off I went!!
I was all into it, doing pretty good when my mom called and said that the weather was about to get really nasty with tornado's, so we had to take cover for awhile! We hadn't had the slightest clue because we had been watching movies and not tv! (Once the worst was over but it was still thundering, this is what Bean did for Lil Miss to calm her down because she was scared...Bean is such a good big sister!)
Then it was all okay again and I start working on the dresses again! HAHAHAHAHA!! Yeah...ummm I finished one...and it ummm ended up being a SHIRT because I cut it too short! LOL!! It is still pretty cute though! And now I know what I did wrong and yadda yadda, so Bean's should turn out better! Might just make her the same shirt though to match Lil Miss because it really did turn out cute and I can totally see them with a blue jean skirt and black leggings! Picture time anybody??!?! Yes, I do believe so!
So, wanna see the shirt??? It really doesn't give it justice just showing the picture without it being on Lil Miss...it is really cute on her and she LOVES it! She kept asking if she could sleep in it! I will finish Bean's tomorrow! Wish me luck!!
I am feeling okay overall. I am really sore but I honestly feel better if I don't sit still for long periods of time. After sitting for too long, it really, really hurts to move. I have been making sure to constantly get up and move around! I realized that making the dresses today, really helped keep me busy and not think about the pain so much and it worked out alot of the stiffness/soreness I had. Sleeping is honestly the worst, I will probably stay camped out on the recliner because sleeping in the bed has been impossible! It's too hard to roll over and I toss and turn to much for that!!
So far though, we are having a decent, relaxing weekend! Yeah!
5 comments:
Very cute "shirt" Maybe if you have leftover fabric you could make a matching shirt for one of her dolls or stuffed animals. I admire you for taking this on during your recovery. I have had material for curtains waiting FOREVER!
I'm still praying your way to health and healing. Take it easy ok. :-)
Abby has one but I didn't make it:)
I have been wanting to make one for a while but it seems like every time I pull out my REALLY old sewing machine something messes up on it and it takes me way longer than it should.
You did a great job and it looks very cute and I turn Abby's to short dresses into shirts all the time
Girl, you did GREAT!! Alexie wears that first dress I made for Ky as a shirt and it looks so cute! You did AMAZING! You will have to take a picture of them when they wear it together!
Praying for your recover, girl! I hope you are feeling better each day!!
I left you an award on my blog!
HEY - I really like that!! I don't sew clothing - maybe I should try!!
Post a Comment