Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Here we are....AGAIN....

Sick. I am starting to think that this year of sickness is never going to end and that is some serious sadness right there because it's only March!
We are now a household carriers of Type B Flu....fun stuff right there. Bug started with it, he has it the worst as of right now. Lil Miss has all the same symptoms as Bug but on a much milder scale. Bean didn't have any symptoms....until she woke up this morning. BLAH! They all already have meds though because when I took the younger two to the doctor yesterday, they went ahead and gave Bean the same flu meds as a preventative, maybe too late for that but at least we don't have to go back!

Hubby and I are okay...praying it stays that way! As much as we have been sick though here lately all I can say is, "Thank God we have excellent benefits!" Up until December, we didn't have any insurance and it's always been a huge struggle when anyone was sick but now we have great insurance and it's such a blessing! And when I mean great, I mean like really, really great insurance! As in, no deductible at all except for hospital visits! I love that part! I did absolutely cringe though when I went to pick up there meds....I should have been worried up front when it all came in a HUGE pharmacy bag...never a good sign. Five prescriptions cost 140.00! There weren't any generics to be had for their meds so there you have it! I am just glad that we had samples from the doctors office for the other stuff!! And we still have breathing machine meds from last time they were sick! Whew!




Poor Bean did have to go to school today though even though she really shouldn't have because she has to finish her state testing that they do here in Texas. She gets two days to do hers because of her dyslexia and today is the last of it. She felt really bad, so I am really praying that God takes care of her today and lets her still do her best even though she feels like crud.
So, pray for all our sick ones if you would. They hurt and I hate seeing them hurt. Bug about gave me a heart attack about 4 this morning. He was sleeping on the couch because he couldn't lay flat because of his coughing attacks. Well, I go to check on him and from across the room, I can see how pale he was. Really pale, so I go closer and can't see him breathing....at all. Put my hand on his neck, nothing. Put hand on his stomach...nothing. So, what do I do? Flip out and start shaking him until he woke up....he did wake up though and bleary eyed and look at his crazy momma! That feeling is I believe the worst feelings that mothers get! Don't lie, you know, at one point or another, you moms out there have done that!! Lol.....

5 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

The kids have all been sick and guess who has it now?

I want to go back to bed....

tiarastantrums said...

looks like my house!

Rachel said...

Oh my....I was like this before just one thing after another. I hope the kiddos get better soon!

JWilson said...

Oh my that is alot of money on drugs I hope they make everyone feel better soon!

Becky said...

Ooo... I've done that more than once... especially when they were little.

I'll be praying for all of you. :-)

Get well soon.