Thursday, January 22, 2009

Update from the Doctor...

If you looking for Writer's Workshop Thursday, scroll down below!


So, I got my MRI results back this morning....

They said that I have a 8mm herniated disc between L5 and L1 that is compressing on my nerves. They are referring me to a Spine Doctor. Not sure what I should expect from here but I am glad to finally figure out what the real issue is. I am also glad that I didn't stay with the chiroprator that I went to because that guy told me something different just by a normal xray and obviously it's more than he thought.
I have to wait now for the specialist to call me for an appointment and we will go from there!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

My hubby had a ruptured disk under L 4 and L 5 and had surgery; he is much better now. The pain was shooting down his leg due to the nerve.

I had an MRI today for my neck; I still have pain. That machine was super small...I had to come out at first and go in with my eyes closed...was yours an open MRI as mine was not...ughhh

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Tabi, that sounds so painful. I'm sorry you're facing this, but maybe with a more accurate diagnosis relief is on the way.

tiarastantrums said...

okay - this may sound weird, but my brother had something like that and was in pain - MAJOR - for over a year and finally found this chiropractor and he did this suspension thing - I will ask him later - and his back was like fixed - it was so weir d- he went to physical therapy for a YEAR and nothing worked there. Once he was suspended - poof - back fixed!

tiarastantrums said...

oh - I just typed this long comment and dang blogger didn't post it! Anyway - I was saying that you should look into this suspension therapy from a chiropractor. My brother went through it after a YEAR of failed physical therapy - look into it