Thursday, December 18, 2008

Writers Workshop Thrusday: Christmas Edition

Mrs. Mama Kat is doing her weekly homework writing assignment. Wanna join in the fun...here's the prompts, pick one or do a few, and do all!! Head back to her spot and link up with her!!! Don't forget the bloggy love!!

The Prompts:
1.) Write or share a letter to Santa.
2.) Describe a favorite Winter memory.
3.) Last night it snowed buckets and you are forced to spend the entire day at home with your family...what's the plan!?!
4.) What's the best gift you've ever gotten/given.
5.) Describe a Christmas tradition that you have started with your own family?


1.)
Dear Santa,
I bet you get tired of cookies and milk!! I thought maybe this year I would make an apple crisp for you...how's that sound? Hope it sounds good because that's what I'm leaving you! I've been mostly a good girl this year and was wondering very nicely if maybe you could make it work out for us to buy a house this next year. We are outgrowing ours and ready to own our own. I would greatly appreciate you working this out. I know a house won't fit in your sack but if you wouldn't mind setting it up to all work out for us would be AWESOME! If not, that's okay because really I have started praying to the BIG MAN upstairs about it and no offense but I tend to put my faith in him a little more. My kids adore you though, so don't feel sad! They can't wait to see you this year but do NOT bring Bean a dog on Christmas morning like she asked for!! We have talked to her about it and she is fine now with not getting one. Let's not get our wires crossed, no dog! Thank you! Also, sorry Lil Miss seems to hate the site of you this year! She really likes to talk alot about you but for some reason when she sees you, she is terrified. Don't take offense...she doesn't like many strangers in general!! We really can't wait till Christmas Santa!!! I hope it's not too cold for you! I will turn my heater up extra that night!
Big Momma Tabi

2.) My favorite winter memory I think, has to be two different ones......we live in Texas, so snow is not something we see often, but I can still remember each time Bean and Bug saw snow for the first time! The excitement on there face was just simply pure joy and to watch then make snow angels was so fun! I can't wait until Lil Miss gets to experience it too!!

3.)This goes with number two! If it snowed buckets we would be out there with it building a snowman family and making snow angels!!

4.) The best gift I have ever gotten is going to sound cheesy but my gifts are my kids and my hubby. God gave me all these precious people in my life and what gets better than that other than God's love??!?!

5.) We have several traditions for Christmas, we always read a Max Lucado book on Christmas eve, leave a snack for Santa, go to bed....wake up and make monkey bread BEFORE we open all the gifts! This year we started coding the few presents we leave under the tree before Christmas for the kids. I am enjoying watching them try to figure out whose presents are whose!! Such Fun!!

So, I am obviously an over achiever on this assignment this week!! Actually, just making up for all the weeks, that I haven't gotten to do it!! So, which prompt do you choose?

4 comments:

Rachel said...

The letter to Santa is too cute! Let's hope he gets it and remembers no dog but definately a house!

Jenners said...

Visiting from MamaKat's writers workshop posts...

Ooooohhh apple crisp sounds nice! And monkey bread must be good if the kids will wait to open presents until they get it!

Kendall said...

Aww no dog. : (

I grew up with snow but I love it when I see people experience it for the first time.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I want to go make some apple crisp.

debi9kids said...

Mmmmmmm...apple crisp. Now i'm hungry and it's 1 am.

Love everything you wrote. very creative :)

happy Friday!