Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Writer's Workshop Thursday: Ten Biggest Fears

Your assignment is ready and waiting over at Ms. Mama Kat's. Better get started! I got mine done......read on!!

My 10 Biggest Fears

10. Mice-they just creep me out....they can get in anything/anywhere...it's just creepy. I am that squealing girl that people laugh at because I will stand on my kitchen counter to get away yet I know they can climb up there too!

9. Wasps- I am allergic to them so when I see them, I flip out! Because I am this way now my kids are horribly afraid of them too.

8. Humiliation- I hate to be made fun of! It's one thing to tease someone in fun but I hate when I am made to just look like a fool and I can't stand when other people do it to others.

7. Never having grandchildren! I know it sounds silly because I am only 25 but my husband had a boss that he is close to and this guys poor mother had three children and not a one of them will give her grandchildren! I look forward to the days of spoiling them rotten then sending them home to their mom and dads!

6.I hate being alone in the car at night- that creepy hidden guy in the back seat might come out and get me!! It doesn't matter if I've checked back there ten times! He might still get me!

5.I really fear when my children become teenagers and I am the dumbest person in the world to them! I know that will be a reality but oh how I dread that! They adore me now! I want it to stay that way!

4. Big stranger dogs- I live in the country and when I am walking, it's seems like no body keeps their dogs in a yard so they come running after you barking. They don't usually do anything other than that but I am afraid one day that one of those big scary dogs are going to eat me! :P

3. The dark-yes I am still afraid of the dark. I still have a night light in my room...it's a small one if that counts for anything but I really HATE not being able to see anything. My hubby makes fun of me dearly for this but uh well...I am who I am!! And that means I AM a big scaredy cat!!

2. Enclosed spaces or big crowds- I get all panicky when I am in very small enclosed spaces or stuck in the middle of big crowds. I feel like I am going to be squished and I just panic.

1. My all time biggest fear is losing the ones I love- I try not to think of this period. It makes me physically ill thinking about losing the people I love.


Come back later because I'm sure I will do one of the other assignments too because I am just a suck up student that way!!!

10 comments:

Emily said...

Hey Tabi! GOOD list! I totally was just thinking the other day I should have gotten knocked up 10 years ago so I could enjoy grandchildren longer. It didn't even cross my mind that perhaps Audrey wouldn't have children for any given reason, YIKES!
Better get crackin' on my backups! lol

tiarastantrums said...

I think about the grandchildren thing as well, but only b/c I am 41 and my kids are still so young.

Anonymous said...

Great list! Never thought about not having grandkids ... truth is I have a 15 year old son and I have been worrying probably needlessly right now that I might be a grandma sooner than any of us are ready.

Anonymous said...

Humiliations scares me too..
a lot of the time it prohibits me from doing things that I want to do.. Stupid Fear. Ugh.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i hate being in the car alone at night too...totally freaks me out!!!!

great list!

Jennifer said...

I have the loss of my children and closed spaces on mine too! Great post!

KatBouska said...

Great list. I can relate to #6, 4, 2 and of course one.

And your explanations after every one were great!

Joy said...

I swear we think alike. So many of your fears are mine. I hate getting into my car in the dark alone, and especially getting out of my car alone at night. I am ok with the dark if hubs is here but if I am alone I have to sleep with some light.

Oh gosh to think of my kids growing up.

I hate big crowds especially if I have the kids, I am a nervous wreck I will loose one of them or get lost myself.

Sorry for being so late jump over to my post and you will read my excuse.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, mice flip me out to. We had em bad in our garage once. When I was cleaning it out to get ready for exterminators I found a bag of birdfeed with like 5 mice in it. I started screaming and beating it with a metal rod and ended up poking holes in the bag. So I triple wrapped it in other bags to try and suffocate them cause I thought they'd jump out at me when I opened the trash can lid!

Becky said...

I hear ya on the grandkid thing... I can't wait. That is quite a list you have there. Mine may have included the world running out of chocolate. ;-)

PS I figured you knew those fish were boys... I was being lamely sarcastic :-p