We had another first this week! We had our very first no training wheels in site family bike ride! Doesn't seem very exciting you say?!? Whats the big deal you ask? Oh the big deal is we have been wanting to go bike riding but with Bug refusing to learn to ride his bike for so long, it wasn't possible! We people live out in the country so trying to ride a bike with training wheels is non existant...doesn't work! So, about a month ago, Bug decided, "hey, I'm gonna ride my bike!" and true to his way, he learned...that day! He's been doing it ever since and now he's got it down! Go BUG!
(That's b/c I'm a Rock Star Baby! Hahahaha)
So hence, FINALLY, a family bike ride! And boy did they wear me out! I don't know how far we went(going to clock that today sometime to find out) but man was I tired! I was so proud of the kiddos, thought they would be the weenies and get too tired! Ha! Nope the weenie would be me! It was a great workout for sure and definatley some great family time! I loved it!
(ready to be done!Please, I beg you!)
On another note, I just have to say that I LOVE Big Daddy's new job. He has been home by 4:30 everyday this past week! It's awesome.....we are all so used to him working from 5 in the morning to 8 at night, so it's still a shock when he walks through the door at 4! The kids get so excited everyday! We have had dinner at a decent time every night. We have been able to actually play with our kids in the evenings, not just eat and get ready for bed. We have already started a working out. We went walking and bike riding-in the same week! That's a huge step for us! I have a couple of friends who laugh about me being so excited about this but we have basically only got to be with daddy on weekends, now he's our during the week too! There is also the added fact that Big Daddy really, really loves the new job too! That is always a plus!
Well, I am off to study! Here's some more pics of our first ever family bike ride!! Oh and I'm not so sure why all the pics are so dark, it really wasn't that dark outside!
(I LOVE when that man wears those things on his head! Not sure why but whoo hooo yummy!)
>
(Lil Miss really did have fun, I promise!!)
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Look Mom! No Wheels!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't tell you how happy I am when my hubby gets home at a decent hour. As a former officer's wife I understand where you're coming from. I still feel like screaming, "Hooray! Daddy's home." along with my daughter. Cute pics and way to go kiddo! Learning to ride a bike is very hard. He must be very persistant and smart. Helps that he's got a great mom and dad teaching him too. ;)
Looks like a great time was had by all!
Post a Comment