Friday, August 22, 2008

Genetics....I think ours got messed up

I messed up!! Look at last post for Friday's Foto Finish for CandidCarrie!!!




I do believe their is something genetically wrong with my children. It's just not right. Something is seriously wrong. My kids love school. Seriously, like counting down the days till school starts in a good way! I mean don't get me wrong, I am glad they LOVE school so much but really? Does anybody else out there really love school? Do you really look forward to school? I don't and I never have which is why I'm thinking someone stole my kids and replaced them with someone else's kids.

I was that kid that HATED school. And no I never liked it. EVER! The first 2 years of school, the principal had to meet my mom at her car and physically drag me into school. I don't lie. It's the truth. Dragged me. While, I kicked, screamed, and cried. God, suprised my mother still loves me! I almost liked 2nd grade because of my awesome teacher and yes I still remember her to this day. But that was about it...truly hated the rest. Still hate it yet I still go! Ha!

Maybe they get these weird genetics from their dad. He going to school to be a teacher/coach. Seriously, he WANTS to go to school everyday to teach. Yuck, that thought truly gives me hives. I am so glad everyone out their in the world is not like me! We do need teachers!

My kids are geared up and ready for monday! I on the other hand am not. I am not ready to woke up before 8 let alone 6! It's cruel. We met their teachers last night. They both seem great! Bugs teacher just seems flat out AWESOME! She is that happy, love to go to school teacher! You can absolutley tell she loves what she does! Bean's teacher was very nice but I really couldn't get a complete feel of how things work because she was talking with other parents too. So, we will see how that goes.

I know her dyslexia teacher specifically chose this teacher for Bean, so that in itself is a comfort to know that she will help Bean along and not hinder her. Now, Bean's dyslexia teacher is just an awesome lady! She had been such a boost for Bean. When we discovered Bean had a mild form of dyslexia last year, she was awesome in explaining everything about it and you would be shocked about the truth of dyslexia. I went in thinking it just means your kid confuses letters and maybe they just aren't bright...which was weird to me b/c Bean was always very bright. The funny thing about dyslexia is most people who are tested that have it usually have really, really high IQ's but just learn in a complete different way then the mainstream society. They are usually more artistic type personalities. That is my Bean...she loves to sing, dance, draw. She excels in math and sciences but struggles with reading/writing. I am so stinking proud of this child! When they tested her in Jaunary for it, she was only reading 29 words per minute, just four short months later she was already reading 92 words per minute and the average for leaving second grade is 90! So, she is right on track and is such a hard worker. She doesn't let this stop her. She doesn't care that she works harder than the rest, she loves school and loves to read. So, this is mommy pride just boiling over! Oh, and she made a 100 on her practice TAKS(a testing thing they do here in texas for all students in 3rd grade, they do practice ones for 2nd grade). She was the ONLY one in ALL of 2nd grade (their are five different classes) to make a 100! You rock BEAN!!

Okay, sorry managed to do what I am good at and ramble on! School begins monday and I am sure my kids will have their outfits picked out Sunday morning and laid out ready to go! I am also sure that Bean will come wake me up even before the alarm goes off! She is that stinkin excited! So, be ready for pictures come Monday!

17 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

My oldest loves school and has always loved school he is now is 5-th grade and still wakes up early and get ready and is yelling at me to hurry up so he can get there early...Also for 2 years in a row he has had perfect attendance and he said he will again this year!
He does NOT get this from me!!!!!!

Susie said...

At our house, we are crossing off days on the calendar until school starts:-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving such a nice comment:-)

This Mom said...

Mu kids love school too. think of it as a blessing. Because I know at some point it will change and it will be fight to get them up and going.

tiarastantrums said...

cute - and my kids love school too! I think school has changed a lot over the years! It's not all do this or that because I said so!

A New Yorker said...

Maybe you took the wrong ones home? J/K.

Nik said...

Ramble on!! Thanks so much for sharing your story. Cowboy has several disorders and it's hard to pick out what is effecting what...we have pinpointed this past year that dyslexia is probably in the mixture so we're working that out now.

Great picture!!

JWilson said...

I loved school when I was in Elementary school but once i got to middle and high school forget it!!!

Kelly said...

I wish you had pictures of you being dragged out of the car by the principal...that would be priceless!!

debi9kids said...

My kids are the same...thrilled to be going back to school too. I, on the other hand, not so much... LOL

Cute pic of the kids!

nancygrayce said...

My kids never liked school either....and I was always being called by a teacher or three. I loved school until I got into Jr. High (now known as middle school). I was so intimidated by the older girls that I became shy for a long time. I'm glad your's love it!

Unknown said...

Well done , Bean.... :-)

I too have a form of dyslexia and left and right confusion. That's the reason that I chose not to drive, here in the US. We drive on the opposite side of the road in NZ and I found it just too confusing here...

Sunshine said...

Every 5 minutes my oldest tells me she can't WAIT to go back to school. Every. Five. Minutes.

I was not like this. I'm 35 and I *still* hate for summer to end.

Blog Stalker said...

My kids can't wait for school to get out. But are so tired of home they can't wait for school to start again.

I loved school cuz if I was not at school I would be put to work!

Anonymous said...

Just feel lucky they love school! Really. My youngest one likes to go, why? It's social hour of course;) Hmm, wonder where he gets that from?!? LOL The oldest one? He USED To like it, then he caught on that the higher the grade, the harder the work and actually more work is involved, lol

Hopefully yours won't catch on to that;)

I will say tho, I have been toying with the idea myself of going back to school to become a teacher...for YOUNG kids, not any older than 2nd grade tho! I volunteer at school and love the little ones, cuz they love me:) LOL

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Love the picture and your little boys hair my 13 year old would die to have a mohawk. My baby girl loves school. When we finish for the summer she wants me to keep teaching her. She is in 4th grade and she is scoring 8th grade level. Much Love

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

My kids always look forward to the beginning of a new school year (even the teenager, although he won't admit it). But, the newness wears off before too long and then they're grumbling and whining.
I came over from Candid Carrie's FFFF. :o)

Insane Mama said...

My kids too...counting down the days