Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer Crafts and such!

It's summer time agian, the kids are at home, now what???? I notice I keep telling a friend of mine that it's going to be a LONG summer with the kids home all day, everyday! Well, I came across BottlesBarbiesandBoys blog and they are posting different summer ideas, crafts, and such to do with you kiddos this summer! What a great idea! Get all kinds of ideas to do with your bored, restless kids who are used to being constantly entertained at school! So, if your intrested in ideas or you have a few of your own, post your link at my site and post them at http://bottlesbarbiesandboys.blogspot.com/ so other people can enjoy too!

So, onto my craft! Simple, easy, and fun! My kids had fun doing this.

Butterflies
You will need:
Round Coffee Filters
Spray Bottle
Pipe Cleaners
Water color paints & paintbrushes


Spray filters with water until filters lay flat. Let your kids paint the filters with the different colors, they will blend together. Dry the filters outside or inside with the sun shining on them through a window. When their completly dry, take the pipe cleaner and scrunch up the middle of filter to creat the body and wrap pipe cleaner around. Now you have a beautiful butterfly! Enjoy!

I can't wait to see what other ideas all the other moms out there have!!!

3 comments:

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

Woo-hoo, what a great craft! The kids will love this, I'm doing this tomorrow for sure.

Thanks for participating, it was perfect ;)!

Sheila said...

I love this craft, we have done this before. We strung them with fishing line & hung them from a needle point hoop to make a mobile.
Have a great summer, I'm sure we will talk again!

debi9kids said...

OH! I remember making these when I was little!
Will have to do them with the kiddies!
Thanks.
:) Debi
ps Found you through Bottles, Barbies & Boys